IGNORED

Has anyone gone from the 130 front tire back to the 150?

gorski

I had an 2007 RSV and went to the 130 and really liked the change, but only had the bike a short time when I bought a GoldWing.  Wing just didn't fit my body size, never got comfortable.  Have since bought a 2013 RSV and am so happy with the switch back just so much more comfortable for me.  The 2013 has the 130 front tire on it and am wondering if anyone has gone back to the 150 front tire, I just don't remember what it felt like when I had it on the 07.  I am wondering about pros and cons    Thanks

I have gone from the narrow front tire to a wider front and what i will and can say for sure is that the wider front tire is more stable on the roads we have here in Manitoba ...Our   road conditions in general are poor at best ...The wider front tire does not follow every crack in the road .

13 hours ago, BadCatClassics said:

I tried the 130 Metzler and it didn't hold up very long. My local dealer won't put a 130 Michelin on my RSTD so I have been running a 150 Dunlop 404. Dealer says the 130 do doesn't meet the load requirements, it's close enough for me but the liability scares them enough not to mount it.

I have ran across several places that will not mount a tire other than the OEM size, but if you take the wheel  off the bike the only thing they will know is what you tell them.

• Like 1