IGNORED

Cruise issues.

RDawson

I’ve known for a while I needed to adjust my cables as the cruise would drop out on hills. I installed the new bars and used longer RSTD cables last week and lost cruise altogether, could feel it try but couldn’t pull it in. After re-routing the cruise cable multiple times I finally figured out the actuator that came on the cables had a small leak🤬🤬🤬. Swapped my old one in and POOF!!! It worked. That brings up my other idea. It’s well documented about some losing 4th gear cruise with the rear gear swap, Wiz and I talked about it in Asheville if the speedo healer was reprogrammed or unhooked if it would work. I had put the healer in before the VMax rear gear. Unhooked it and got 4th gear cruise back. Maybe I missed the info in the past or was too dense to retain it, but it seems to be why only some lost the cruise and others didn’t. I’ll gladly trade the corrected speedo to get my cruise back, we ride several 50-60 mph roads where I like cruise. Guess the healer goes into the spare parts cabinet now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Freebird said:

Good info.  I lost my 4th gear cruise on one of my RSVs, can't remember which one.  Never tired disconnecting the speedo healer.  

My thought process going into it was the healer decreased speed sensor readings by 7% while the gear swap increased rpm by 10% at any given speed making those comparisons outside the 4th gear range. 

• Like 1