IGNORED

Zero Motorcycles

circa1968

18 hours ago, circa1968 said:

100% agree on to each his own...pursuit of life, liberty and happiness (choice of motorcycle) and all that.  Unless we are talking about the "rebel" who lives near me with extremely loud (illegal) pipes who infringes on (pisses off) the entire neighborhood's pursuit of happiness (sleep) at 5am.  Then no.

I will fight for you to ride whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want, until you wake me up at 5am, then its a different ball game.  

If noise is your thing, fine, keep it within the legal limits, respect everyone's else rights and we'll all get along just fine.  Like I said, I'm not interested in electric bikes for the "green" aspect.

Its just cool new tech that intrigues me personally for a variety of reasons.  Not for everyone, I understand.  BTW, Harley now has an electric bike in their lineup.  You can probably put a bluetooth speaker on and ride around playing Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell" at full volume at 5am and still piss off all the neighbors... 😉

I guarantee you the Harley EV's will have something that plays  Potato, Potato, Potato  at red lights and is louder than thunder when going thru the gears based on your RPM's.    LOL,,,

▶️ Motorcycle Sound Effect. Harley Davidson Cruising. Motorcycle White Noise. 12 Hours. 🌏 - YouTube

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, circa1968 said:

100% agree on to each his own...pursuit of life, liberty and happiness (choice of motorcycle) and all that.  Unless we are talking about the "rebel" who lives near me with extremely loud (illegal) pipes who infringes on (pisses off) the entire neighborhood's pursuit of happiness (sleep) at 5am.  Then no.

I will fight for you to ride whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want, until you wake me up at 5am, then its a different ball game.  

If noise is your thing, fine, keep it within the legal limits, respect everyone's else rights and we'll all get along just fine.  Like I said, I'm not interested in electric bikes for the "green" aspect.

Its just cool new tech that intrigues me personally for a variety of reasons.  Not for everyone, I understand.  BTW, Harley now has an electric bike in their lineup.  You can probably put a bluetooth speaker on and ride around playing Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell" at full volume at 5am and still piss off all the neighbors... 😉

With electric bikes they could play artificial  Harley clatter through headsets in their helmet and not desturb anyone around them. But I guess that kinda defeats the purpose of feeling like your impressing people around you .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, saddlebum said:

With electric bikes they could play artificial  Harley clatter through headsets in their helmet and not desturb anyone around them. But I guess that kinda defeats the purpose of feeling like your impressing people around you .

But if only they can hear it, it doesn't make their wiener look bigger.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AGrengs said:

But if only they can hear it, it doesn't make their wiener look bigger.

Uh oh, look what I started...

The harley livewire thing is actually pretty interesting.  HD spun Livewire off as a standalone company, rumor has it someone thought it didn't fit the HD "image" and would turn off their loyal customer base.  Well lo & behold, Harley now sells a Harley branded Livewire and I've seen two in the last week on the streets.  Perhaps common sense prevailed and they realized growing their loyal customer base with a variety of offerings is how to grow a business.

I actually talked to a youngster over the summer who was on one, charging it at the nearby grocery store's charging station.  I would say he was mid-20's and he could not stop grinning ear-ear as he raved about how much fun it was.  He said he could get 140-160 miles range, depending on where/how he was riding.  Its sport bike ergonomics is definitely not for me, but when he zipped away with nothing more than a Jetson's like whir, I was in lustful awe.  I will plead the 5th on any immediate weiner proportion changes that may have occurred.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 3:08 PM, circa1968 said:

Uh oh, look what I started...

The harley livewire thing is actually pretty interesting.  HD spun Livewire off as a standalone company, rumor has it someone thought it didn't fit the HD "image" and would turn off their loyal customer base.  Well lo & behold, Harley now sells a Harley branded Livewire and I've seen two in the last week on the streets.  Perhaps common sense prevailed and they realized growing their loyal customer base with a variety of offerings is how to grow a business.

I actually talked to a youngster over the summer who was on one, charging it at the nearby grocery store's charging station.  I would say he was mid-20's and he could not stop grinning ear-ear as he raved about how much fun it was.  He said he could get 140-160 miles range, depending on where/how he was riding.  Its sport bike ergonomics is definitely not for me, but when he zipped away with nothing more than a Jetson's like whir, I was in lustful awe.  I will plead the 5th on any immediate weiner proportion changes that may have occurred.

They are clearly marketing them to a much younger rider than me.  I appreciate sport bikes (gas or electric), but can't ride them.  I'm old, tall and fat with bad knees.  If they make an affordable one with an upright, feet-forward sitting position, I would love one.