IGNORED

Cup holder ???

RDawson

I got my new bars installed and adjusted, think my shoulders are gonna love that. Thanks again @WIZ. The down side is my cup holder no longer fits on the bars. Looking at the Ciro and Kuryakyn models, leaning towards the Ciro as it’s a ball mount with more adjustment. They’re both perch mounted. Anybody used this one?https://www.amazon.com/Ciro-Holder-Chrome-Plated-50410/dp/B01KOOOE4E/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=1Q5WOW46P0KIC&keywords=ciro+cup+holder&qid=1662760943&sprefix=%2Caps%2C847&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, djh3 said:

My problem is I need a perch mount. The bar ends are too short to add clamps. I agree they are pricey but I’m not seeing good reviews on the cheaper models. If one good one outlasts two cheap ones I’m money ahead. 

EDIT. That could possibly work on the vertical part of the bars. 

Edited by RDawson

I loved my Ciro had it on my Venture and Harley I had the black one so i cant say anything about the chrome lasting. I tried the Kuryakyn one when I first got the Harley and didn't care for it replaced it with the Ciro... I think I sold it to Freebird as he likes them.... Just make sure you tighten the ball mount real good once you find the position you like... I have a friend who likes the Kurry one but the black powder coating is failing on it where the black on my Ciro is still holding up well.... Only difference is his bike is in a carport and mine is in a garage

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RDawson said:

Are you happy with the quality?

So far, so good. It's been on the bike for 2 years and it looks like it did the day I installed it. I tried a couple different positions before leaving where it is now. I got the Big A** version as it was the only thing that would hold my Ozark Mtn. Travel Cup. It's a little fiddle with just a soda can, but the larger water bottles fit well.

I balked at the price when I was looking for it, but I'd say now, it's worth the $

• Thanks 1

Well I went with the Goldstrike which is a Ciro boxed for the Goldwing. The Honda dealer in Paducah had them in stock.  I went with the smaller version which holds my 20oz Ozark Trail cups well and does drink bottles too. Bought one perch mount and a direct bolt on one for her arm rests. Both without chrome. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pasta Burner said:

How do you like the cup on the throttle side?  My cruise is broken so that’s not an option.  Do you just reach across body?  I like having my GPS on the left.  Also having my brake hand not occupied gives me peace of mind.

Usually I’m on the highway if I’m drinking anything so the cruise is set. My old one was on the right also. I got so used to riding left handed when my shoulder was messed up I’m accustomed to it. I went a couple of years getting up to speed, setting cruise, right hand in my lap. It was the only way I could ride. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pasta Burner said:

How do you like the cup on the throttle side?  My cruise is broken so that’s not an option.  Do you just reach across body?  I like having my GPS on the left.  Also having my brake hand not occupied gives me peace of mind.

My cruise is inop as well. I just reverse the lid and drink left handed. It's really not a big deal.

• Thanks 1