IGNORED

Trike is about done

Freebird

Well, I've finished about everything I wanted to do to the trike.  Installed a Bluetooth receiver inside the fairing that plugs into the aux. wire going into the radio.  Works great.  Connects easily and allows me to play my music and here directions from my phone through the audio system

Installed a LED headlamp bulb and it's super bright.  Very pleased with it.

Installed LED passing lights  

Installed drink holders.  They work very well.

Installed a phone mount with wireless charging so my phone stays charged while riding.

Installed the Baron's 2" handlebar risers and though they were a pain to install, I am very pleased with them.  They work as well as the Flanders and Road Star bars that I had put on previous bikes.

That's actually all I needed.  There are some things that I would add if I run across then at fair prices but that is not easy to do.  Would like to have the front fender rail and the chrome air cleaner covers but they are very difficult to come by.  I'll keep my eyes open for some but am not going to pay 2 and 3 times over MSRP which is what I've found so far.  I can easily do without them.  

It is comfortable for me now and that is the main thing.   I MAY have a line on some new old stock aftermarket accessories.  Hopefully will know in a day or two.  If so, that is great.  If not, I will leave it as is. 

A special thanks to @1BigDog for his patience in answering my many questions about the trike and his recommendations.  People like him are what this site is all about.  

• Like 2

For the air intakes...consider getting the plastic OEM covers chromed.  Given the price and availability of the polished aluminum Yamaha intakes....chroming the original intakes looks great and isn't that expensive (couple hundred $ at most).  Frankly...chroming them looks as good as the expensive intakes.  I had a set chromed for someone and they turned out great.

16 minutes ago, Freebird said:

Yes, I’m actually considering that.  I may send them off this winter.  I don’t think anybody around here chromes on plastic. Another advantage is that you can continue to use stock filters.  At least some think that is better for the bike. 

Check out MPC in Brooklyn Ohio

https://www.mpcplating.com/about

43 minutes ago, Freebird said:

Yes, I’m actually considering that.  I may send them off this winter.  I don’t think anybody around here chromes on plastic. Another advantage is that you can continue to use stock filters.  At least some think that is better for the bike. 

What????  You have 3 wheels now, snow shouldn't matter LOL.

About done??? Are they ever done? I spent most of the day installing taller bars, longer cables, and all the parts I ordered during a weak moment in front of a Kuryakyn catalog. Grips, bosses, weights, footpegs with stirrups. Shoulder problems started this upgrade. 

• Like 2

I know.   I went crazy on my last RSV and bought about every piece of chrome ever made for it.  Won't happen this time for two reasons.  First reason is that it's almost impossible to find the stuff and secondly,  when you do, people want 2 and 3 times the original MSRP.,  I don't need it that bad.  

I did spend most of the afternoon washing one after riding 4 hours in the rain the other day.  It's all clean now but needs to be waxed.  I'll do that over the next few days. 

• Like 2

Well the Ultra Classic got four hours of pampering yesterday and the HD shop. It got a complete 10K checkup with all fluids changed, new grease, and a few loose bolts tightened. I temporarily lost the rear brakes the other day but that's all been taken care of.  There was a good bit of water/moisture in the brake reservoirs. Everything checked out good and rides like a new bike. Definitely a different breed, but still fun to ride. I'm looking forward to my first long ride down to the Fall Myrtle Rally at the end of the month.    

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 5:10 AM, Freebird said:

Great.  I  saw a picture you had posted on Facebook.  Looked great.  What the heck happened to the rear brakes?

There was moisture in the fluid and when it got hot it created air bubbles. 

Had it been changed or was it probably the original brake fluid?