IGNORED

How to turn off TPMS?

I have a 2018 SVTC and my tire pressure light stays on even though my tires are aired up to 41 psi. The infotainment system shows the tires to be at F35 and R37. Obviously the infotainment system is wrong, so I would like to just completely deactivate the TPMS. Can someone tell me a step by step on how to do this. 

Thanks in advance 

On 8/29/2022 at 7:03 AM, Red Rocket said:

I have a 2018 SVTC and my tire pressure light stays on even though my tires are aired up to 41 psi. The infotainment system shows the tires to be at F35 and R37. Obviously the infotainment system is wrong, so I would like to just completely deactivate the TPMS. Can someone tell me a step by step on how to do this. 

Thanks in advance 

Unfortunately @Red Rocket the Yamaha tool is needed. Once you get the batteries replaced, they will inflate the tire to proper pressure and re-calibrate the TPMS.

• 8 months later...

You can check the battery level thru the Info System. My front quit registering at all. I thought it was the battery. It was not. The bike shop had to reset the TPMS device in the front tire with a device the dealer has. BTW, the front tire pressure should be 36PSI and the back is 41PSI per factory recommendations.