Jump to content
IGNORED

Well, almost done riding


Freebird
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sold the Harley and it pulled out of here about 2:30.  Decided I was really going to have to think about if I wanted to continue riding at all.  Eileen had insisted that we at least go look at the trike so we did.  I got back home about 5:00 and the dang thing followed me home.  2005 RSV.  Hannigan conversion.  EZ Steer, Reverse, Aux gas tank, Floorboards.  About the only main thing missing is the emergency brake and I can do without that.  It did come with what looks like the Utopia backrest.  He had it in the trunk.  Will put it on here shortly.  Ride home was nice.  Handles well but will take a bit of getting used to.  

Bike itself is great.  Hardly any clutch whine.  Rear tires are great, front is a Commander and appears to be about 50%.  About all it needs is some drink holders and a bluetooth dongle to stream my music.

Also came with a color matched Bushtec Roadstar trailer.  It looks pretty much new.  

 

 

5C9DDA8F-DDFB-4B17-B28D-A80EDDDC328E_1_102_o.jpeg

8FBBECC7-0BAC-43B7-9CAC-B3353834D649_1_102_o.jpeg

39443025-88E8-4FF6-8415-B53BC3001504_1_102_o.jpeg

C64EF6D0-38B0-46C6-A511-984B879F32E7_1_102_o.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I told Trina if you went and looked at that bike it would follow you home, I always tell people 50 miles will not tell you if you like it or not it takes more like 500 miles because there is so much to get use to. great looking bike and you already know everything about the 2nd gens. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

I told Trina if you went and looked at that bike it would follow you home, I always tell people 50 miles will not tell you if you like it or not it takes more like 500 miles because there is so much to get use to. great looking bike and you already know everything about the 2nd gens. 

It was only about an hour ride home.  About half Interstate and half country roads.  There is a bit to get used to but not bad at all.  Learning how well it Weil handle the curves will be the biggest thing.  There was a couple on the way but not that much.  It really felt good though.

 

5 minutes ago, uncledj said:

She's a Beauty....I'll be interested to see how you transition to a trike...

We may be doing the same thing.   

Best wishes !!!    Ride safe !!!

I'll update after putting some miles on it.  Feels really so far on  the hour ride home.  Just never fell in love with the Spyder or the Slingshot.  I think this will be much better.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I am not going to go crazy with accessories on this bike as I have most of my others.  It doesn't need much to be fine just the way it is.  On the way home, I remembered that the stock handlebars on the RSV always caused pain in my shoulders.  In the past, I have installed Flanders bars on one and Royal Star Tour Deluxe bars on another but I'm just going to try the Baron's risers this time.  Will be much easier and I think they will work.  I ordered them this morning, just hope I don't get a message back that they are no longer available.

I also need to get cup holders.  I'll get them ordered later today also.  Other than that, I really liked the windshield pouches that I put on the Harley so will probably order one of them also.

I think that will pretty much do it for this one.  Oh...and a bluetooth dongle to stream music from my phone.  They are cheap and my last one worked very well.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I have ordered the risers, cup holders, bluetooth to aux transmitter, and a LED H4 headlamp bulb.  Installed the riders backrest today that came with it but wasn't on it.  I think that's about all I need for now.  I don't plan on going crazy with upgrades on this one,.  I know you have all heard that before though.  Fact is, most accessories for the RSV are no longer in production and are too expensive if you finally find something.  Only thing I would kind of like to add is the rear fender tips but they seem to be rare also.  I'm happy with it as is.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Freebird said:

Well, I am not going to go crazy with accessories on this bike as I have most of my others.  It doesn't need much to be fine just the way it is.  On the way home, I remembered that the stock handlebars on the RSV always caused pain in my shoulders.  In the past, I have installed Flanders bars on one and Royal Star Tour Deluxe bars on another but I'm just going to try the Baron's risers this time.  Will be much easier and I think they will work.  I ordered them this morning, just hope I don't get a message back that they are no longer available.

I also need to get cup holders.  I'll get them ordered later today also.  Other than that, I really liked the windshield pouches that I put on the Harley so will probably order one of them also.

I think that will pretty much do it for this one.  Oh...and a bluetooth dongle to stream music from my phone.  They are cheap and my last one worked very well.  

 

As you mentioned the right handle bars is important .. I do know because I always have to make my bike fit me , and if I don't , I will end up having trouble with my upper  body  ..And also my favorite handle bars do not fit everyone else ..Take time to find what you need to things comfortable for you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Barons risers work for me but like it was stated, because of the rake, the inner corners of the risers do push into the ignition cover. On my 05, I cannot make full lock to the left enough to lock the steering. Eventually ill do the Flanders G2 upgrade but the risers are doing their job for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, uncledj said:

She's a Beauty....I'll be interested to see how you transition to a trike...

We may be doing the same thing.   

Best wishes !!!    Ride safe !!!

Wow Freebird, that's a pretty ride and it looks comfortable to boot. I'll be interested how you take to a trike, I'm 77 and will probably follow the same path in another 5 to 10 years provided the Good Lord leaves me vertical and breathing that long. Best wishes to you and your Better half. Stay safe and Ride safe.!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...