IGNORED

2013 V-Star 950 Tourer

labill

5 hours ago, labill said:

Looking at a 2013 V-Star 950 Tourer.  Has 20,000 miles and very good condition.

I can not find this bike in the NADA book to evaluate prices.  

Anyone familiar with this bike?

Thank,

Bill

Might be mistaken but it seems like @videoarizona had one,, maybe.. I never had the honor of taking one in but lots of other V-Stars including the 650's.. All were good bikes and sold well with no bring backs. 

5 hours ago, labill said:

Looking at a 2013 V-Star 950 Tourer.  Has 20,000 miles and very good condition.

I can not find this bike in the NADA book to evaluate prices.  

Anyone familiar with this bike?

Thank,

Bill

Yamaha History..

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/model-history/2013/v-star-950-tourer

KBB has values on it.

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/yamaha/xvs950ct-v-star-950-tourer/2013/?pricetype=trade-in/

Yep...had a 2009 VStar 950 Tourer. Best bike I've ever owned. Comfortable (once seat was rebuilt), quiet, responsive, frugal and nice quick handling. Only drawback was floorboards are mounted low and will drag on spirited cornering. But that's ok as they flip up and have replacement metal pieces that spark nicely at night! 

Only extras I added were a tach, rebuilt the seat, Clearview windshield with vent.

Well built. No issues. Easy to maintain. 45 to 50 mpg at 70 mph. Cruised all day at 75 back and forth between Tucson and Phoenix. 

I really enjoyed that scoot, especially on the 2 Lanes here in southern Arizona. Fun bike.

Biggest mistake I made was selling it!

The only thing I'd look into besides brakes, tires, fluids and general condition is to check tension on the drive belt. Some dealers would overtighten the belts leading to premature wear on the final drive bearing. I would "assume" at that mileage, the bearing and belt with maintained properly.

If everything checks out, I'd recommend that bike. 

David

yamaha950T.jpg

• Like 1