IGNORED

Cost Plus Drug Company

Skid

I just refilled 4 prescriptions with Cost Plus Drug Company and my total copay was approx $28. That’s with $5 shipping charge. Before these would have costed me over $120 thru my insurance.  I told a few members last week how I can get my chemo medication for $39.00 instead of the $175.00 that my insurance company wanted. This company really works without going thru your insurance. I would like to hear other examples of friends saving money on prescriptions.

• Like 1

Hi Skidder! So I pay $7.90 a month for my Medicare Part D which gets me two of my meds (1 top tier, and 1 2nd tier) at $6 and $2 each for 90 days worth of pills. My cancer drug was an additional $145 per month out of pocket with my Part D insurance (that is called Silver Script?). Someone told me about "GOOD RX" which is a free card you can sign up for at GoodRX.com. I signed us up for that and that little card brought my Cancer drug down to $12 but saves nothing on my other 2 drugs. I was shocked at how easy the Good Rx card was to use. I use pharmacy within a local chain department store and it was absolutely no problem or hassle to use.   Good RX is outside of my insurance plan and is free and my Part D carrier has no link to them or even knowledge of the fact I am using them that I know of.. Is that the kind of info you were looking for? Hope so! Aint this getting old stuff fun LOL? Puc  

• Like 1

Concur with @cowpuc on good Rx.  My pharmacy Walmart wanted $50 for my wife’s naproxen which is basically Aleve.  And they wanted some other outrageous price for something else and good Rx brought it like 80% down.  On top of that the pharmacy was more than willing to take the time to get us the lowest price possible.  In the end it’s just proof that insurance companies really don’t care about our well being and there is no profit in the cure.

On 8/23/2022 at 8:02 PM, Pasta Burner said:

Concur with @cowpuc on good Rx.  My pharmacy Walmart wanted $50 for my wife’s naproxen which is basically Aleve.  And they wanted some other outrageous price for something else and good Rx brought it like 80% down.  On top of that the pharmacy was more than willing to take the time to get us the lowest price possible.  In the end it’s just proof that insurance companies really don’t care about our well being and there is no profit in the cure.

Looks like Cost Plus would be a lot cheaper for you 

On 8/22/2022 at 5:06 PM, cowpuc said:

Hi Skidder! So I pay $7.90 a month for my Medicare Part D which gets me two of my meds (1 top tier, and 1 2nd tier) at $6 and $2 each for 90 days worth of pills. My cancer drug was an additional $145 per month out of pocket with my Part D insurance (that is called Silver Script?). Someone told me about "GOOD RX" which is a free card you can sign up for at GoodRX.com. I signed us up for that and that little card brought my Cancer drug down to $12 but saves nothing on my other 2 drugs. I was shocked at how easy the Good Rx card was to use. I use pharmacy within a local chain department store and it was absolutely no problem or hassle to use.   Good RX is outside of my insurance plan and is free and my Part D carrier has no link to them or even knowledge of the fact I am using them that I know of.. Is that the kind of info you were looking for? Hope so! Aint this getting old stuff fun LOL? Puc  

Did you see what the cost is on Cost Plus? 

My meds are costing me $470.00 per month as a average and sometimes more .( I have stopped taking some of these medications )...The are many medications here in Canada that are not covered by government plan or any insurance we can buy , and most of the pain medications are not covered ...Any of my Diabetic test equipment are not covered and do cost $150.00 per month  and any of my Asthma medication ..Symbicort and Zenhale  cost me about $240.00 per  month .. , mainly because of the health risk and side effects some of these medications can cause  ... Symbicort will cause infections in the mouth and throat ....I Asked my doctor to explain shy these medications were being prescribed if can cause serious infections  ...There times I think we are being used for or as a Lab Rat ....