IGNORED

Cruise Control Mystery Cable?

Vortec02

Hi all, I've recently bought a 1984 Yamaha Venture Royale, and while I was cleaning it up I noticed that there is a mystery cable that is hanging on the left side of the engine that is controlled by the cruise control switch on the left hand controls. I noticed that the person that I bought the bike from had made a very poor attempt at fixing the OEM cruise control cable and I don't know where I would begin to try to finish the replacement. The bike has the single carb conversion on it and the stock cable on the bike is cut to pieces at the end. I might just be overthinking the way of going about putting the cable on but I figured here would be the best place to validate my wonders about the cable. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Pictures?

Without knowing more, guess I would replace the cable and connect it to the throttle at the carb. In working, it would be no different that going to the stock linkage. It's just a connection between the cruise and the carb.

Did PO leave the stock throttle cables intact?

On 7/31/2022 at 11:26 AM, Vortec02 said:

Hi all, I've recently bought a 1984 Yamaha Venture Royale, and while I was cleaning it up I noticed that there is a mystery cable that is hanging on the left side of the engine that is controlled by the cruise control switch on the left hand controls. I noticed that the person that I bought the bike from had made a very poor attempt at fixing the OEM cruise control cable and I don't know where I would begin to try to finish the replacement. The bike has the single carb conversion on it and the stock cable on the bike is cut to pieces at the end. I might just be overthinking the way of going about putting the cable on but I figured here would be the best place to validate my wonders about the cable. Thanks in advance for any help. 

I could be wrong, I don't have my '86 here to check, but I don't think there are any cruise controls on the left control pod. They are all on the right side and the center cluster. And there are no cable connections to the cruise buttons. They are all electric.

The only cable connection on the left pod would be the enricher cable.

Edited by luvmy40