IGNORED

Venture Facebook groups

XV1100SE

After getting banned a few years ago from a Facebook group for Ventures because I referred a couple people to VentureRider.org... just wondering why some of the Venture groups that are administered by members or former members here don't have in their "About" section a reference to here.

• Like 1

I have ALWAYS referred people back to VR on both FB and when answering questions on my U-tube page and many other utube pages in the owners "comment" section.. It may not right, it may not be acceptable but that is the way I roll. I really dont care much for either platform, never have and never will, BUT I choose to use both to OUR advantage for as long as I can get away with it LOL.. With all the fake news and misinformation infesting the internet these days I am one who likes to focus on truth.  I know,, I am wayyy out there in some of my thought processes but I still don't think even our own Face Book page did our club any favors as far as keeping the group dynamics going that we at VR had the blessing of experiencing years ago. I know,, pretty hardcore DSCN2925.JPG.73b74eefee7cd169914d5ae2c2c4b8a8.JPG

Edited by cowpuc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, cowpuc said:

I have ALWAYS referred people back to VR on both FB and when answering questions on my U-tube page and many other utube pages in the owners "comment" section.. It may not right, it may not be acceptable but that is the way I roll. I really dont care much for either platform, never have and never will, BUT I choose to use both to OUR advantage for as long as I can get away with it LOL.. With all the fake news and misinformation infesting the internet these days I am one who likes to focus on truth.  I know,, I am wayyy out there in some of my thought processes but I still don't think even our own Face Book page did our club any favors as far as keeping the group dynamics going that we at VR had the blessing of experiencing years ago. I know,, pretty hardcore DSCN2925.JPG.73b74eefee7cd169914d5ae2c2c4b8a8.JPG

Tend to agree with you Puc. The 1st thing I noticed was M&G & rally pics were being post on face book instead of VR.org so I miss out on seeing them. I myself have never been on face book. 

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

For technical articles, reference info, support from members...the Facebook pages don't come anywhere close.  I've seen posts from new owners saying they want to learn about their bike and you really can't learn anything from the Facebook groups.    Here...easy to get assistance, go thru the technical articles....

Ben - the guy you referenced had an issue with having to pay $12 a year.  He banned a number of us from his group for suggesting people look here.  Think he is out of Hamilton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

Tend to agree with you Puc. The 1st thing I noticed was M&G & rally pics were being post on face book instead of VR.org so I miss out on seeing them. I myself have never been on face book. 

I post get togethers here, not on Facebook.  I'd rather go to vr.org rather than Facebook any day !  Besides...all the important people are here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

12 minutes ago, XV1100SE said:

I post get togethers here, not on Facebook.  I'd rather go to vr.org rather than Facebook any day !  Besides...all the important people are here.

One of my other favorite past times on other sites when answering questions, especially when I really cant help a person in need is responding with "go ask the GURU's on VR,,, if they cant fix it no one can". 

Edited by cowpuc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm on ventureriders.org and venturers.org. Both groups  have good people and a ton of information. We're all bikers and as a rule bikers are not, generally speaking, thin skinned.

That being said, you couldn't pay me to use Fascist book.  :witch_brew:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

I'm on ventureriders.org and venturers.org. Both groups  have good people and a ton of information. We're all bikers and as a rule bikers are not, generally speaking, thin skinned.

dang your good LOL

8 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

:sign yeah that: I will probably get slapped for this one but Facebook always reminded me of an Old time sewing Circle

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, saddlebum said:

:sign yeah that: I will probably get slapped for this one but Facebook always reminded me of an Old time sewing Circle

Your not far from wrong. I see a bunch of whining babies that don't understand the concept of 'your siting on a hot engine with a can of gas between your legs'. I've been kicked from the one guys page so I registered with my wife's account and posted that he was making more from the ads on FB than @Freebird made on the $12 per year and he need to leave his butt hurt attitude out of the site. It opened a can of worms before he deleted the thread and kicked almost 20 people from the group. There are more FB pages that are a waste of the precious time we have. All they want to do is complain about the GPS, the SVTC is too hot etc etc.  I just leave those groups within a few minutes of reading comments. 

And, . . . . I always recommend people to come here. I tell them it's one of the few sites where you get excellent knowledge access for all 3 generations of the Venture. Only the one guy had a problem with that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bpate4home said:

... I've been kicked from the one guys page so I registered with my wife's account and posted that he was making more from the ads on FB than @Freebird made on the $12 per year and he need to leave his butt hurt attitude out of the site. .... Only the one guy had a problem with that. 

Yup....that's the guy that a number of us have had run in with.  Think the admin's name is Sonny.  Sorry to say but he is a Canadian out of Hamilton Ontario - bad example of Canadians, eh.  He was a short term free member here and scavenged some documentation.  Facebook is "free" and like you said he makes profit from advertising but has a hard on for spending $1 per month to get (mostly) intelligent and experienced information.  We all know that Freebird doesn't have this site to become rich.

Edited by XV1100SE
  • Like 3

It’s not just FB that gets their panties in a wad. I was part of a forum that unfortunately was run by liberals. There was a convo about vaccinations and masks. One guy who was a lower admin, I shredded his argument with logic before another senior admin jumped in to help him in his error.

The problem was is that these liberals thought that because they were “admin” that their opinion on a subject gave them an unquestionable stance. I’m sorry, but unless you’re dealing with a site policy violation, EVERYTHING an admin says regarding a subject is subject to the same scrutiny as anyone else’s opinion. They didn’t see it that way.

Now I’m banned from the site because I wouldn’t cowtow to it. They even lied about a violation I didn’t commit to get me “re-banned” after another admin let me back on.  It’s sad and their loss. They even went so far as to block my IP address, so regardless that I can’t post anything, I can’t even look at the site! Talk about petty!

Edited by ChiefGunner
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, XV1100SE said:

Yup....that's the guy that a number of us have had run in with.  Think the admin's name is Sonny.  Sorry to say but he is a Canadian out of Hamilton Ontario - bad example of Canadians, eh.  He was a short term free member here and scavenged some documentation.  Facebook is "free" and like you said he makes profit from advertising but has a hard on for spending $1 per month to get (mostly) intelligent and experienced information.  We all know that Freebird doesn't have this site to become rich.

That's him. He was a full member when membership was free. Once Freebird asked for members to pay teenie weenie member fee he couldn't just quit but had to go  on major rant. Ran into him at a timmies one time and got an earful from him. I could not get out of there fast enough but not without making a few quick remarks in freebirds defense first. 

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, saddlebum said:

...Ran into him at a timmies one time and got an earful from him. I could not get out of there fast enough but not without making a few quick remarks in freebirds defense first. 

I wouldn't mind running into him to set him straight.... but from his attitude what would be the point.  

ANYWAYS....the point of this thread was to suggest that anyone with a Facebook group supporting Ventures should have a link to venturerider.org and publicly support this forum.  Without this forum (and Venturers.org) there would be a definite lack of technical support knowledge.  I've yet to see a Facebook group that has the vast array of easy to find documentation that exists here.

Kudos to Freebird and all current and past members !

Edited by XV1100SE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe in WV said:

I was always taught that if your cups half full you get further ahead in life than to go around with the attitude you know it all.  I like to get all the unbiased information I can.

LOL.  I always tell people I don't know everything but I know who to call or can find someone who knows.  That's why I refer people here. 

• Like 4

There's an old saying, "It's better to be a BIG fish in a little pond, than a little fish in a big pond"! Over the years, people have come and gone from VR.ORG not because they were here to seek information about their bikes, but because they were here to create turmoil, whine about their "lot in life", take advantage of free parts and services, or bad mouth other members. Because of Freebird's integrity, he has kept these distractions to a minimum, and allowed the "real members" to learn about their motorcycles, share parts and events and enjoy the "protected environment" that is VR.ORG. In this day and age, it is a pleasure to come to this forum KNOWING that the type of bike I ride, my political affiliation, my gender, my masking preferences, or the color of my skin will NOT bar me from learning about my scoot, finding out where the next "meet and greet" will be, or if I break down on the road, where help can be found. The entire world could stand to learn a lesson from this little microcosm we affectionately call VR.ORG.

I thank GOD every day for men like Don Nelson and some of the other members of this forum that have allowed me to travel the country, share my kits with them, been patient with me during the development process of something new, and have just been "Damn Good Friends" over the years. 

Sadly, the Internet has become the World Stage for the "bullies" and "bad mouther's" that we ALL ran into when we were growing up. There was a time when people like Don Nelson would have put them in their place once and for all, (GOD Bless Texas!) and these sub-human beings would go on to live their lives in mediocrity and shame. Now, in the safety of their mother's basement, they spread their Anger and Fear and Loathing to ALL that will listen. 

Lastly, $12 is a VERY small price to pay for the information, friendship, and instruction I have gleaned from this forum over the years. I have spent a LOT more money on "stupider" stuff in my life, that's for sure! As far as FACEBOOK and TWITTER goes, they are what I would expect from a "FREE" subscription service. Controlled by shallow people with an "Axe to Grind" about all of the terrible things that have happened to them because "They Didn't Get Their Way"! ADULT CHILDREN!!

This is of course is just my OPINION, and Your Mileage May Vary!

Earl

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

I was always taught that if your cups half full you get further ahead in life than to go around with the attitude you know it all.  I like to get all the unbiased information I can.

I have I always said that the smartest guy is not the guy who thinks he knows everything but it is the guy who is aware that there is still much to learn.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, XV1100SE said:

I wouldn't mind running into him to set him straight.... but from his attitude what would be the point.  

ANYWAYS....the point of this thread was to suggest that anyone with a Facebook group supporting Ventures should have a link to venturerider.org and publicly support this forum.  Without this forum (and Venturers.org) there would be a definite lack of technical support knowledge.  I've yet to see a Facebook group that has the vast array of easy to find documentation that exists here.

Kudos to Freebird and all current and past members !

Correct on all three points

On 7/20/2022 at 5:11 PM, skydoc_17 said:

There's an old saying, "It's better to be a BIG fish in a little pond, than a little fish in a big pond"! Over the years, people have come and gone from VR.ORG not because they were here to seek information about their bikes, but because they were here to create turmoil, whine about their "lot in life", take advantage of free parts and services, or bad mouth other members. Because of Freebird's integrity, he has kept these distractions to a minimum, and allowed the "real members" to learn about their motorcycles, share parts and events and enjoy the "protected environment" that is VR.ORG. In this day and age, it is a pleasure to come to this forum KNOWING that the type of bike I ride, my political affiliation, my gender, my masking preferences, or the color of my skin will NOT bar me from learning about my scoot, finding out where the next "meet and greet" will be, or if I break down on the road, where help can be found. The entire world could stand to learn a lesson from this little microcosm we affectionately call VR.ORG.

I thank GOD every day for men like Don Nelson and some of the other members of this forum that have allowed me to travel the country, share my kits with them, been patient with me during the development process of something new, and have just been "Damn Good Friends" over the years. 

Sadly, the Internet has become the World Stage for the "bullies" and "bad mouther's" that we ALL ran into when we were growing up. There was a time when people like Don Nelson would have put them in their place once and for all, (GOD Bless Texas!) and these sub-human beings would go on to live their lives in mediocrity and shame. Now, in the safety of their mother's basement, they spread their Anger and Fear and Loathing to ALL that will listen. 

Lastly, $12 is a VERY small price to pay for the information, friendship, and instruction I have gleaned from this forum over the years. I have spent a LOT more money on "stupider" stuff in my life, that's for sure! As far as FACEBOOK and TWITTER goes, they are what I would expect from a "FREE" subscription service. Controlled by shallow people with an "Axe to Grind" about all of the terrible things that have happened to them because "They Didn't Get Their Way"! ADULT CHILDREN!!

This is of course is just my OPINION, and Your Mileage May Vary!

Earl

It's not just your Opinion Earl. Ì whole heartedly agree with every word you said. I remember when arguments were quickly solved with bare fists and then sealed over milk and cookies or later a few shared beers. Win or loose it was Quicker and less stressful than involving lawyers for every little thing which they love to drag out forever to fatten their purse and now you have cowards, slandering from behind the skirt commonly known as the internet. 

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, saddlebum said:

It's not just your Opinion Earl. Ì whole heartedly agree with every word you said. I remember when arguments were quickly solved with bare fists and then sealed over milk an cookies or later a few shared beers. Win or loose it was Quicker and less stressful than involving lawyers for every little thing and now you have cowards, slandering from behind the skirt commonly known as the internet. 

And lawyers who are looking for a buck to be made.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, Marcarl said:

And lawyers who are looking for a buck to be made.

Better at milking than a dairy farmer. I was told once by a retired awyer friend of my father's that many laws or rules are created by the lawyers themselves for their own benefit, more then for the benefit of the people.

• Like 1