IGNORED

Sorry I can’t resist.

Pasta Burner

On 7/24/2022 at 7:23 AM, Marcarl said:

Pellet Smoker Tube Stainless Steel 12 Inches 5 Hours Of Billowing Smoke For All Grill Electric Gas Charcoal Or Grill Smoke...

We bought one of these last year. Nice thing about it is that you can smoke without adding any heat. We have a Traeger pellet grill, but although it does well it didn't give me enough smoke for my liking. With this you can cold smoke, so cheese is now also in the running. Fish turns out amazing. Caution though, in order to best best effective your grill needs to be blocked at the top, so the upper vent needs to be below the grill itself, or you will have to block it off with some tinfoil.

I just purchased a mud tray.  Drill a few holes in the bottom and put aluminum foil over it if needed.  Need to try adding a few more holes in the side. I've picked them up at home depot for $5 - $10. Never thought about using Pellets in it though.  I've used oak, hickory, pecan, apple etc.  Even tried osage orange. 

Found this a little helpful.

Smoking wood chart | Ultimate guide to the wood you should use

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still can’t resist.  Some places the Tri Tip cut of meat isn’t known or popular, but on the west coast USA it’s a staple.  Legend has it starting in Santa Maria Ca.  I often travel to Vandenberg SFB and bought what it told to be the original seasoning from a small deli.  Well I’ve cooked many of tri tip from smoking to roasting and my favorite has been grilling it like a ribeye.  Until now.  I used the same suzie q seasoning I bought in Santa Maria but pan seared it in cast iron with a butter baste.  If a picture could deliver flavor here is my effort for y’all.63A7605A-C55C-4DAE-8D9B-38B3EFDF3DD0.thumb.jpeg.37aa5eee7efe9fccb45dc15e9be1eacf.jpegB5EE31AE-9E8F-4A80-BDE0-AB91D81F1210.thumb.jpeg.82ad2521291c4ceab6cb76e19f8dce82.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 10:07 PM, Pasta Burner said:

Still can’t resist.  Some places the Tri Tip cut of meat isn’t known or popular, but on the west coast USA it’s a staple.  Legend has it starting in Santa Maria Ca.  I often travel to Vandenberg SFB and bought what it told to be the original seasoning from a small deli.  Well I’ve cooked many of tri tip from smoking to roasting and my favorite has been grilling it like a ribeye.  Until now.  I used the same suzie q seasoning I bought in Santa Maria but pan seared it in cast iron with a butter baste.  If a picture could deliver flavor here is my effort for y’all.63A7605A-C55C-4DAE-8D9B-38B3EFDF3DD0.thumb.jpeg.37aa5eee7efe9fccb45dc15e9be1eacf.jpegB5EE31AE-9E8F-4A80-BDE0-AB91D81F1210.thumb.jpeg.82ad2521291c4ceab6cb76e19f8dce82.jpeg

I checked my PM mailbox from front to back and back again and no matter how hard I look I can't find my invite. I guess it got lost in the mail 😕 

4 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Got me one of those there tri-tips in my camper freezer. It will have to undergo it's treatment sometime soon.Camping and cooking,,, what a treat!

If you’re new to tri-tip make sure you slice it correct or it can be chewy instead of tender.  The grain changes due to the shape of the cut.

2 minutes ago, Pasta Burner said:

If you’re new to tri-tip make sure you slice it correct or it can be chewy instead of tender.  The grain changes due to the shape of the cut.

Hey,,, just so you is fully aware,, I've been dealing with meat all my life, I've had to help birth it, feed it, water it, clean it, chase it, rope it, then make it quit moving, hang it, take it down, dissect it, chop it, grind it, slice it, stuff it, roll it, bone it out, put it back together, disguise it, flavour it,  cook it and maybe even dump it. That why they call me a butcher, but I call me a meat processor. Now I is hoping you are somewhat better informed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marcarl said:

Hey,,, just so you is fully aware,, I've been dealing with meat all my life, I've had to help birth it, feed it, water it, clean it, chase it, rope it, then make it quit moving, hang it, take it down, dissect it, chop it, grind it, slice it, stuff it, roll it, bone it out, put it back together, disguise it, flavour it,  cook it and maybe even dump it. That why they call me a butcher, but I call me a meat processor. Now I is hoping you are somewhat better informed.

You sir have opened yourself up to countless questions coming from an amateur backyard chef! Be warned! 😋🤠 .  My brother is a classically trained chef graduating from the CIA In NY…. I’ve learned a lot through osmosis but even he can’t come to grips with some of my BBQ Q&A

Edited by Pasta Burner

10 minutes ago, Pasta Burner said:

You sir have opened yourself up to countless questions coming from an amateur backyard chef! Be warned! 😋🤠 .  My brother is a classically trained chef graduating from the CIA In NY…. I’ve learned a lot through osmosis but even he can’t come to grips with some of my BBQ Q&A

Be careful of those questions. Them Eh Team members up there think slicing ham thin and throwing it on a pizza makes it bacon. 

Edited by RDawson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, saddlebum said:

I checked my PM mailbox from front to back and back again and no matter how hard I look I can't find my invite. I guess it got lost in the mail 😕 

Now I want a pot of beans with a ham hock, a little bacon and onion. Make some homemade cornbread . . . . . yum.  Too bad I'm the only one in the house that'll eat it. Well, maybe not. 

10 hours ago, bpate4home said:

Succumb to the dark side. . . . . More carbs. . . . . . They're calling you by name. . . . .

I succumbed to the dark side a longggg time ago and agree,, more carbs! They like me better. I do prefer mine to be non-CV though. I get better performance out of those.. 

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, Marcarl said:

So have you ever tried eating it.....:rasberry:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...