IGNORED

Help... looking to buy 2000 Venture and need input beforehand

byekryam

1 hour ago, steamer said:

What RDawson said, twist the throttle and let her fly. All the power is in the higher RPMs.

I have to admit I have had a few instances where I needed to get out from between two cars and did find she did have some real power.  I do understand what you're talking about.  But at the same time, I am content with her as an old man cruising bike as that's what I'm looking for.  It is nice to know she does have the power when needed!

I am still curious as to the recommended engine oil additive I've read about on some old posts on here that potentially helps with engine\trans whine.  I can't seem to get an answer on that.  There was one mentioned a long time ago but they don't make it anymore.  Any suggestions?

Also, I found that at a quarter tank she starts stuttering as if she's going to run out of gas.  Is this normal?

Thanks

means your running out of gas on the main tank, need to flip it over to reserve and ride another 35  or  40 miles and be look'n for a gas station. i normally have to flip over to reserve at about 150 miles to 170 miles, depending on riding conditions. get anywhere from 35 to 40 miles on reserve.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dueyk1111 said:

means your running out of gas on the main tank, need to flip it over to reserve and ride another 35  or  40 miles and be look'n for a gas station. i normally have to flip over to reserve at about 150 miles to 170 miles, depending on riding conditions. get anywhere from 35 to 40 miles on reserve.

Thanks, I was just shocked that it does that at a quarter.  Every other bike I've had did it much closer to empty

11 minutes ago, byekryam said:

You have about 1 gal. left in reserve.

I have used Lucas oil additive in my '83. It makes shifting smoother. I have not used it my '06 as of yet, but I don't have the clutch whine everyone comments about. Either no whine, or it's the same frequency as my tinnitus and I just don't hear it🙃

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, luvmy40 said:

You have about 1 gal. left in reserve.

I have used Lucas oil additive in my '83. It makes shifting smoother. I have not used it my '06 as of yet, but I don't have the clutch whine everyone comments about. Either no whine, or it's the same frequency as my tinnitus and I just don't hear it🙃

Thanks

Raising the rear lightened my steering by about 60% and then going to a 130 instead of a 150 front tire lightened it to where it feels like power steering. I am 5'10 so I can't help with the ergonomics for you. But talking about wind and weather on your hands, get a good pair of heated /waterproof gloves and never look back. Personally I use Klim Hardanger battery gloves on most winter rides in Oregon but If I am going to be riding more than 6 hours in the winter I switch to FirstGear heated gloves. I take the power off the battery directly.   Hope this helps.