IGNORED

New Truck Has Arrived

Freebird

Swung by the dealership yesterday because I was in the area and they had told me that my new truck should be here by the 15th.  They had just unloaded it when I stopped by.  It was dirty from the long train and truck rides but it is here.  They will get it ready and I should be able to pick it up soon.  Didn't take as long as I had originally expected.  

• Like 4

Well, I could post pictures of the old one and you wouldn't know the difference.  This one has a few more options but is otherwise the same, color and all.  The only differences are that this one has leather heated seats, moonroof, Apple Car Play, and a lot more safety features like blind spot monitors, rear cross traffic warnings, etc.  I just finished adding the mud flaps, window vent visors, blackout covers for the badges.  Will install the tonneau cover tomorrow.

IMG_0359.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

• Like 5

I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  Did NOT enjoy the buying experience though.  Sales lady was very nice and it was a pleasant experience.  The finance experience was a nightmare as always.  First thing was me telling them about a thousand times that I wasn't interested in all the extras they tried pushing on me.  Worse though was the actual financing.  He put the papers in front of me and told me where to sign.  I said, first you need to break down the numbers, interest rate, etc.  He told me that the interest would be 5.9% and I had to tell him, No, actually it won't be.   He said that it was the rate the bank had given him.  I know better, I know that dealers typically make between and 1 and 3 percent on financing but I also knew that Toyota was offering 2.9%.  I told him no thank you.  I asked why he didn't go through Toyota and get me the 2.9 rate to which he replied it was only good on certain models. I  said yes, and the Tacoma is one of those models.  Then he said, well you have to be in the top tier credit bracket.  I said, yes I know and I am.  He looked like I had slapped him and told me that he would have to talk to his manager.  I told him to do it quickly because my patience was wearing thin.  He came back about 2 minutes later to tell that they I would get the 2.9 rate and the new papers were printing.  What an ordeal.  I wonder how many people just accept the financing offered and never know the difference.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Freebird said:

What an ordeal.  I wonder how many people just accept the financing offered and never know the difference.  

Went through it buying the wife’s first new car years ago. Back then they had a first time buyer discount so we did it in her name. She signed most of the papers before I looked at them. He loaded it up with extras without asking. I read over the contract and ripped it in half in front of him, he too had to reprint and re-figure. Had his tail between his legs after that. 

• Like 1

Sweet ride.   Same model as mine.

Went from a  Red 2000 3/4 ton Chevy (12 mpg) to the to the Silver 2019 TRD off road Tacoma 18-20 mpg with a 6' bed.

At $42K it was the best light truck for the money.

The tires are about the only crappy thing on this truck as they only lasted 24K. Goodyears...

Got the Carhart seatcovers,  went with more aggressive 65000 mi. tires and the raised Tacoma 

lettering for tailgate. 

Enjoy!

8 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

Sweet ride.   Same model as mine.

Went from a  Red 2000 3/4 ton Chevy (12 mpg) to the to the Silver 2019 TRD off road Tacoma 18-20 mpg with a 6' bed.

At $42K it was the best light truck for the money.

The tires are about the only crappy thing on this truck as they only lasted 24K. Goodyears...

Got the Carhart seatcovers,  went with more aggressive 65000 mi. tires and the raised Tacoma 

lettering for tailgate. 

Enjoy!

Yea, this one came with the Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires.  They look ok but only time will tell how long they last.  My old one had slightly bigger tires and I liked the look.  Sure I'll go bigger when I have to replace them.  

Nice truck!

Years ago, I bought a one year old Ford from a Ford dealer.  The numbers on the contract didn't appear to be correct to me.  It was late, the finance lady was getting impatient with me and she and the salesman assured me the numbers were correct.  When I got home, I looked at it again and realized they cheated themselves out of $300.  I was so honest that I let them know and signed a new contract.....  I think they fired the finance lady.

• Haha 1

When I bought my Ram a couple of years ago, we had to do a little wrangling as well. I left and returned a few days later to pick it up for it had not been serviced yet. Last thing I said to the salesman was: so that's it? all done and happy? to which he replied: Yep, good to go! I still had a 40k bank draft in my pocket,,,,, I just couldn't do it! Later though I would have after I found out I wasn't dealt with near properly.

Nice ride Don, enjoy!!!

I've walked out of a few dealerships without a vehicle.  Items like Tax Title and dealer prep are normal to a degree but all states now limit this charge. Dealerships introduced a Documentation Fee. It's basically a scam upcharge.  I argued with the last dealer I worked with in 2009. They wanted to charge me an addition 380 in Document processing fees.  I went back to to sales guy and said my offer for the Charger was now 400 less, take it or leave it. I also never deal with the back and forth to the manager garbage.  I always tell the sales person that they have 1 chance to talk to the manager, if he does not agree he better be walking back with you. It already takes hours to get a vehicle and I won't waste my time. I've had sales guys follow me out of the dealership and once even had the manager get in front of my car as I was pulling out.  I haven't bought a new car since then, only the SVTC. I had the same conversation with them about the documentation fee. 

Car dealers/sales men are mostly scammers, with very few exceptions.

When I bought my last F150 I was looking for any make or model, I have no brand loyalty in trucks. I went to a chevy dealer near me and gave them a very specific list of needs:

Full size bed

NOT A TRITON V8

under $15K

any mileage OK

I waited 1/2 hour for the salesman to come back to me with his tablet to show me what they had. The very first truck he showed me was a Ford F150, sport bed with a Triton V8 for $36,000.00.

I told him he was moron and walked out.

Edited by luvmy40