IGNORED

Shed Find

saddlebum

1 hour ago, Pasta Burner said:

Learn something new every day.  I had no idea Can-Am was around so long nor did I know it’s namesake, as I’m assuming Canadian American.  I thought it was a new company with the recent fad of side by sides 

Actually can am was formed in 1972 as a spin off of Bombardier Inc which was founded in 1942, started by a guy who patented a design for the first dual track snow machine in 1935 and created the first skidoo in 1959.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can-Am_motorcycles

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

Actually can am was formed in 1972 as a spin off of Bombardier Inc which was founded in 1942, started by a guy who patented a design for the first dual track snow machine in 1935 and created the first skidoo in 1959.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can-Am_motorcycles

Guess I haven't been around as long as @saddlebum, I didn't know all that.

• Haha 1

GORGEOUS @saddlebum just gorgeous!! We didnt see a lot of CanAm on our MX tracks, Harescrambing or Enduro's here in the States.  Wayyy cool keeper ya got there brother. Would love to see a vid of it running if you decide to play with it some..  NICE SHED FIND!! 

On 7/13/2022 at 12:41 PM, cowpuc said:

GORGEOUS @saddlebum just gorgeous!! We didnt see a lot of CanAm on our MX tracks, Harescrambing or Enduro's here in the States.  Wayyy cool keeper ya got there brother. Would love to see a vid of it running if you decide to play with it some..  NICE SHED FIND!! 

KInda gotta say, sorta forgot about it over the years but once I dug it out my head just got flooded with memories. When I stored it I flooded the crankcase and cyilnder with oil. removed the carb cleaned and dried it and put it in a sealed container. Having said all that she should fire up fine if I ever decide to but will likely smoke something  fierce for the first while. Normally I would be concerned for the neighbors but since they have no issue filling my open windows with weed smoke I guess they can share in my smoke of choice LOL

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 3