IGNORED

Is it safe to ride without the saddle bags so they don't get damaged at a garage?

dogman

My son is looking to get new front and rear brake pads and thought it would be better to have the saddle bags off while taking to a motorcycle mechanic so they don't get damaged at the shop.

What are your thoughts or opinions on a short ride without the saddlebags? The guard rails will still be on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dogman said:

My son is looking to get new front and rear brake pads and thought it would be better to have the saddle bags off while taking to a motorcycle mechanic so they don't get damaged at the shop.

What are your thoughts or opinions on a short ride without the saddlebags? The guard rails will still be on.

Ohhh heck yeah gets my vote. Just make sure you got all the fastners either removed or tightened down so you dont lose anything on the ride and absolutely, no bags and/or trunk is actually fun.. Gives one the feeling of more power and that is never a bad thing lol.. Go for it Dave!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, dogman said:

I would definitely remove the bags. I have ridden my bike many times without the bags.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:16 AM, Marcarl said:

The only thing not safe about it would be if he had to cross the border after a shopping trip wit his dad.

@dogman would just have to sacrifice some bottle space in his tent trailer and loan that space to his son if that were to occur.