IGNORED

Well well well, Venturerider still lives! I'm so happy!

BigLenny

Hi All,

Been a long while since I checked in. Sold the RSTD back in 2020, and switched to a Can Am Spyder for safety's sake. 

It's so good to see some of the familiar names still here! And dang grateful there are quite a few new names. 

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!!! I noticed ole Puc is back! Last time I checked in on the site he had taken a sabbatical. It's not the same place without the Pucster.

Don, I read where you are dealing with cancer again? Well, I'ma slide you into my morning prayer sessions. The Big Guy upstairs will take care of that for ya.

I seriously don't know what the heck I would've done without this site during the 12 years we had Ole Red (RSTD) Y'all saved my butt many a times with fixes and ideas, and general good ole encouragement. Skydoc saving me with a clutch spring kit right before we were to head out on a 2 weeker comes to mind. Oh, and some of you taught me what a helicoil kit was, and talked me through fixing a stripped out fork thread just a few days before another two weeker we were about to take. I could go on and on. Just seriously thankful for the Venturerider site.

I do most of my forum looking now at the Spyderlovers site, bein's we own one now. Nice folks, but its not VR. 

I'll do my best to start hanging around more.

Your Friend,

Big Lenny

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BigLenny said:

Hi All,

Been a long while since I checked in. Sold the RSTD back in 2020, and switched to a Can Am Spyder for safety's sake. 

It's so good to see some of the familiar names still here! And dang grateful there are quite a few new names. 

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!!! I noticed ole Puc is back! Last time I checked in on the site he had taken a sabbatical. It's not the same place without the Pucster.

Don, I read where you are dealing with cancer again? Well, I'ma slide you into my morning prayer sessions. The Big Guy upstairs will take care of that for ya.

I seriously don't know what the heck I would've done without this site during the 12 years we had Ole Red (RSTD) Y'all saved my butt many a times with fixes and ideas, and general good ole encouragement. Skydoc saving me with a clutch spring kit right before we were to head out on a 2 weeker comes to mind. Oh, and some of you taught me what a helicoil kit was, and talked me through fixing a stripped out fork thread just a few days before another two weeker we were about to take. I could go on and on. Just seriously thankful for the Venturerider site.

I do most of my forum looking now at the Spyderlovers site, bein's we own one now. Nice folks, but its not VR. 

Your Friend,

Big Lenny

Heyyyyyy,, look what the cat,, or should I say spyder dragged in lol.. Hi ya lop eared @BigLenny varmint!  Big Lenny, great to hear you folks are still hard at it, God is good aint He? I am just getting back on my feet again and was sooo surprised (and grateful) that the powers that be let me back onto the VR club grounds without to much wheelin and dealin.. Guess what, they didnt even make me sign a "no pot stirring wavier" so I was thrilled actually. I am at about 65% of my form of normality. We are not quite at your level of riding again and are pretty much grounded in the E-Bike world BUT we have had Tweeksis out for a few pretty nice rides this spring. Not far (no overnight stays in our wonderful tent) from home but still it is wayyyy better than sleeping for 22 hours with my head in Tips lap, wow that was hard.  Like you, I am doing my best to hang around a little more and get back to stirring the pot some and helping out when I can. Lenny, I hope and pray you have a GREAT summer on the road as well as hanging out around here too. It is great to hear from you brother! 

Your Friend's,

Tweeksis, Tippy and Puc20140610_161723.jpg.5bb98d72f398d08d603a35c985d12203.jpg

Edited by cowpuc
  • Like 2

Hey Lynn,

You old varmit you! Boy, is it great to see ya' back! Heck, if we'll let those Gold Wing riders hang around, surely we can let a few Spyders hang out!! Fill us in on what you have been up to since the bike change. I am sure the forum members would be interested in your opinion on the pros and cons of the Spyder vrs. the RSTD. I know I would. I recently test drove a Ryker that my nephew was thinking about buying. (Not enough ponies for me, but that's another story) The dealer had them marked up WAY above MSRP so we passed. What's your take on two wheels up front?

Thanks for the props, Jean says, "Hey",

Earl

• Like 1

Welcome back little boy. Don't worry none about the Spyder thing, they are a great machine for some including yours truly. About the only discussion going on here is about likes and dislikes, for these machines seem to need very little in the way of repair.

• Like 2

Welcome back Lenny. Seems your not the only one of the old guard getting lonely and sliding back into the VR site. Goes to prove what a great site @Freebirdhas maintained and what great folks this site has brought together.

About the only discussion going on here is about likes and dislikes, for these machines seem to need very little in the way of repair.

That however has not stopped @MarcarlWho can't leave well enough alone from spreading pieces of his spider all over the garage. BTW I heard there is another recall on the front sprocket of some models (not sure which years are affected) but they are still replacing it with the same sprocket because they have not completed redesigning a viable replacement.

Edited by saddlebum

3 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Who can't leave well enough alone from spreading pieces of his spider all over the garage.

I bought a vacuum cleaner just for that process, cleaning up spider pieces. Now once I get it out of the box I then have to learn how to drive it, shouldn't be too  too hard, it says it has 4 wheels.

For me VentureRider is great , have talked to a lot of good people ... Have got some great information about my 83 ZVX1200  and I am  a old longtime biker but it seems that I cannot quit learning .

For me buying this basket case 83 4 years ago and spending months , weeks , hours to get it running , it seems like I have stepped into a while new line of bikes and that no matter how many bikes I have worked on or been riding , that not all bikes are exactly the same

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, BigLenny said:

Your Friend,

Big Lenny

I also came back a few weeks ago...  I agree that Spyderlovers site is good but not VR.org... I have a 2021 F3-T