IGNORED

Venture Luggage Bag.

Steve S

Has anyone compared the size, or storage ability, of the Yamaha luggage bag to the Kuryakyn  Momentum Trunk Tour Pack?

I now use a Yamaha Tour Bag on my luggage rack, but my wife and I are planning a long trip in August and want the ability to carry all our clothing in one bag. The Kuryakyn bag looks larger, but advertising photos can be deceiving. 

Our plans are a 3 week trip and we know laundromats will require an occasional visit.

Thanks for the help.

Steve 

If your talking a bag to put on top of trunk, be careful. I think the rack is only recommended 10lb. Plus weight up there is bad, makes even more top heavy. When we did use it I put rain gear up there and clothes in saddle bags. Now I added a hitch a few years back and got what they call a cooler rack and put bag with clothes down there so weight is lower. With a big ole bag of clothes on the trunk lid getting in there during any stops is a PIA. This is from when I had to work for about 3 weeks and carry a bunch of work gear also.

Loaded for a trip.jpg

Edited by djh3
  • Like 2

After measuring the Yamaha bag and the Kuryakin bag I decided there wasn't enough difference in the size of the bags so I will stick with the Yamaha bag and save the $115 for gas money.   I'll let you know how the trip goes when we get on the road.

Thanks

Steve

• Like 2