IGNORED

Inspection Camera/Borescope Recommendations

etcswjoe

I have been thinking an inspection camera or borescope may come in handy, however there are dozens of choices out there and I can't make up my mind.  Since it will only get used now and then I don't want to spend a fortune, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

Joe, I gave up trying to figure out which one to buy. Went with one that had a long tube and seemed to be the best deal. Less than $50 if memory serves. It works well enough for me to find those pesky nuts and bolts that jump out of my fingers and go running away. Especially when I had the 1st gen...I could see on top of the exhaust collector!!!

Sorry not much help....

21 minutes ago, etcswjoe said:

Too many choices out there for sure, I think I am going to go with this one DEPSTECH Upgrade 5.0MP HD Inspection Camera it has decent reviews, waiting to see if it goes on sale during Prime Days. 

@etcswjoe, Joe I went with the 5mm scope end to be sure it would fit thru the smaller "D" plug hole. Maybe grab a D plug and measure its diameter at the bottom of its threads to be sure OR grab a nut that the D plug will screw into and measure its I.D. to be sure. If you havent got the tools to do so and want me to do it for you just let me know and I would be happy to. It looks like the scope you are looking at has an 8mm head on it, they may work but not sure. It seems like years ago I went thru what you are going thru and found the 5mm to be the better choice. Its always something! TTYL (I learned that today from @COWBOYBILL and now know it means Talk To You Later - who says an ol pea brain like my cant learn something new LOL) Your ol riding buddy, PUC 

P.S. - the one you are looking at does look like a dandy though! I REALLY like the 16 foot cable.. I spent the xtra and went with 25 feet on mine to be able to use it for looking inside duct work but 16 feet is worthy! 

Edited by cowpuc
  • Like 1