IGNORED

Goodbye Racheal!

1joeranger

Morning All!

My riding buddy from Orlando called me a month ago. He has gotten to that age and is hanging up his spurs. Wants me to have his 2014 FJR and offered me a really great deal. I responded that I already have a bike, my 2005 RSTD. My baby! Driven her from FL to Nova Scotia. Driven her to British Columbia. Driven her to Texas. Driven her up the Outer Banks. Driven her down the California Coast. Driven her to Ohio! Driven her in daily snow when she was all I had. My buddy was insistent, though, indicated his was newer, true, and sportier, debatable. Finally told him if God helped me sell mine I would buy his. He agreed and we started praying. Before I could advertise the bike, Before I finished changing all the fluids, my Baby, Racheal, sold to another of my Christian buddies!

I am taking her to her new owner today which is the anniversary of the trip up the Outer Banks I took with my brother 4 yrs ago. We returned via Blue Ridge Parkway. We were re-enacting a our first trip together when he was 12 and I was 20 and we spent a summer touring the country on a Suzuki 550. Yea, I know, who lets a 12 yr old ride around the country with a 20yr old? Covid took him this year.1727520916_2005TourDeluxewithtrailer.thumb.jpg.a70ce5b38e8e74320563822d5a66f887.jpg

IMG15810.JPG

Edited by 1joeranger
  • Like 2

Hey Ray,

We met at Don't Maint. Day many years ago. Your RSTD was then, and has always been a real Work Horse/Beauty. God has a plan for you, my friend. And it looks like that FJR1300 is part of that plan. I personally sometimes hesitate to embrace something new, because as I have gotten older, "If it fits my hand and my head, It fits my heart"! My wife has to remind me that I am worthy of something newer, and better, being humble SUCKS sometimes! So taking a page from my wife's book, (God I hope my wife doesn't see this post, she'll have me washin' dishes if she does!!) Embrace this new motorcycle Ray, make it your own! Show it the love and care you showed your RSTD, and maybe someday you will have a whole new bunch of stories to tell us about this wonderful machine that got you home every time, just like your RSTD!

Lastly, I just wanted to say "Thank you Ray, for your service to this country"! If there ever was a person on this planet that deserves a newer, better motorcycle, It's YOU my friend! Enjoy your new ride Ray, and perhaps we will share some road together some day. 

Earl

• Like 3

12 hours ago, skydoc_17 said:

Hey Ray,

We met at Don't Maint. Day many years ago. Your RSTD was then, and has always been a real Work Horse/Beauty. God has a plan for you, my friend. And it looks like that FJR1300 is part of that plan. I personally sometimes hesitate to embrace something new, because as I have gotten older, "If it fits my hand and my head, It fits my heart"! My wife has to remind me that I am worthy of something newer, and better, being humble SUCKS sometimes! So taking a page from my wife's book, (God I hope my wife doesn't see this post, she'll have me washin' dishes if she does!!) Embrace this new motorcycle Ray, make it your own! Show it the love and care you showed your RSTD, and maybe someday you will have a whole new bunch of stories to tell us about this wonderful machine that got you home every time, just like your RSTD!

Lastly, I just wanted to say "Thank you Ray, for your service to this country"! If there ever was a person on this planet that deserves a newer, better motorcycle, It's YOU my friend! Enjoy your new ride Ray, and perhaps we will share some road together some day. 

Earl

Just reread what Earl wrote, all of it, and you will have heard exactly my response :)