IGNORED

I Quit.

slowrollwv

After 56 years of smoking, On April 9 I said I quit and haven't used them since. No more coughing and gaging because I could not breath. I can breathe a lot better now. The only thing I can't understand is why I could not do it years ago, and I did try. I didn't think it would be so easy this time. I put the empty pack in the trash and said that's it I am done.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, slowrollwv said:

After 56 years of smoking, On April 9 I said I quit and haven't used them since. No more coughing and gaging because I could not breath. I can breathe a lot better now. The only thing I can't understand is why I could not do it years ago, and I did try. I didn't think it would be so easy this time. I put the empty pack in the trash and said that's it I am done.

@slowrollwv,, heyyyy HI ROLLER!! GOOD ON YA!! Wish I had your guts and determination brother! everytime I quit somehow a cigar ends back up in my mouth. YOU DA MAN!! and a man with lots more $$$'s to put in to riding your scoot!! Hope you remain tobacco free and are able to put a zillion miles on your bike my friend! God bless! Puc

5 hours ago, ragtop69gs said:

Good for you Chuck!  Jeannie and I did the same about 8 weeks ago. Like you, we both feel better. 

@cowpuccowpuc great to see you posting ! Hope all is well with you and Tippy.

@ragtop69gs Hi Raggy and thanks! Been a long haul with health but finally feeling about 65%. Well enough to get back on and stir the pot some, I was actually shocked that the powers that be allowed me back on without signing some contract against pot stirring but THEY DID - yeah meee! Tips doing great and says HOWDY/sends her love (sitting here yakking with our grandson of 2 yrs old). Hows the southern life treating you two? Enjoying the year round riding I bet! You sell your 69 or got it down there to finish it? JEALOUSY REIGNS IN MY HEART - thou shalt not covet Puc! Love ya brother!

• 4 weeks later...

Just before I turned 14, I got a 125 Ducati Bronco. This was a time when about my friends were starting to smoke. At that time, it did not matter how old you were if you had about 30 cents, which was also about the price of a gallon of gas. I figured that I could have a lot more fun with a gallon of gas than a pack of cigarettes and I never used tobacco of any kind.

A couple years ago I lost a very close friend to lung cancer and now my older sister is getting ready to go into hospice care due to lung cancer. She did not start smoking until she was about 40 years old. I have said this before and I will say it again, lung cancer is a horrible way to die.

Randy

One of my uncles about 50 yrs old had a persistent cough and said the doctors had told him to quit smoking.  His response was that he had been smoking all his life and it hadn't killed him yet.  2 yrs later he died from lung cancer.  My father in law was a heavy smoker and died of lung cancer at age 72,  

Good for you. 30+ years ago I quit. I had been sick with flu or something, had me out for about 4 days. When I felt well enough to venture to living room one day I picked up one and said its been a few days wonder if I can go a few more. Had about 3/4 of a pack and took it with me to work (I was in the USAF) I gave the rest of the pack away thru the week and that was it.

First congrats!!!

I quit on my first try as nieces borrowed some home Rollie cigarettes from their mom and they tried to get me to try smoking like them. I took one puff and that was it  almost puked   never again!!!! Have lit a couple for my wife when she was busy but inhaled only enough to lite it.