IGNORED

front fork parts which way spacer under the seal?

I took my front fork apart from zxv1200 from 84. I'm changing the slider tube and seal. Now I'm not sure which way this part in the pic goes? It is a curved spacer under the seal. I guess I have it there as it was but not sure anymore. Thanks for the help!

20220611_204910.jpeg

Open side of the seal goes down, then the washer goes curved down so the center would be high at the top side.

Your picture shows the bottom of the inner tube, the seal goes on the other end.

I think I'm right, should see the whole picture to be exact.

Thanks. OK, then it should be the other way round. Let's see if i got this correct. When it's time to put the washer back, I will drop it from the top, so that the "higher" center points up.  

then the seal, open side down. I think I got now. I know that in the pic they are not where they end up in assembly.

Hopefully get the new seal today and go for a ride.

Take a good look at the picture and the nomenclature.

Assemble the inner tube, slide it into the lower tube and fasten with the bolt from the lower end, add the spacer then the oil seal then the washer then the ciriclip and then the dust seal.

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/5004250ff8700209bc78808b/front-fork

Hope this helps and is not more confusing.