IGNORED

Been Lurking for a few months... Decided I Missed ya'll

Sold My 2004 Venture in 2017 and bought a Road Glide Ultra.  I loved the bike but had to have shoulder surgery in 2020.  The Doctor gave me a 27% chance it would work.... Well it didn't work....lol. I have minimal use of my left shoulder and can only lift 10lbs with it for the rest of my life...  Those time when the bike starts to lean and you have to pull it back so you don't drop it is a no go for me. After a year of looking at the Road Glide just sitting in the garage, I decided to go test out three wheels. Tested a Harley trike and couldn't push the handle bars to make a right hand slow speed turn.  I tested a Can Am Spyder and with the power assist steering it was a winner.  May 2021 I found a deal on a 2021 F3-T model with 197 miles and bought it. I now have 6000 miles and so far so good.  Quite a different ride but still have the wind and the feel of a bike... Semi Auto Trans and not having to hold it up will make for LAZY  biker... I'm still working on riding twisties, so it looks like i'm gonna meet the group in Asheville NC for their Rally.  It's been a few years since I've attended a VR.org event.  Looking forward to it

We changed for 2 reasons. One was because Marca was having back and leg issues and found it hard to get on the 2 wheels when I was already seated, and she couldn't bring herself to think it was safe to get on a leaning bike, the second reason was that we knew that somewhere down the road we would have to go to three wheels and if we waited for that day to come we would be too old to get the proper feel and adjust for the differences.

The twisty can be a load of fun, ya you get the feeling that your going to tip over or slide/fall off. One thing I found out is that you need to do exactly the opposite of 2 wheels in the steering business. On 2 wheels you push left to go left, on the Spyder you push left to go right and the counter pressure of the push keeps you solid in the seat. Once you master that the 2 wheelers will wonder where you went.

• Thanks 1

I rode Carls for a bit and found it was more along the lines of riding a snowmobile than a motorcycle (still fun though) Just make sure no one sees you putting your feet down at the traffic lights. took me about four lights to realize it was not required :doh:....:classic_blush:

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, saddlebum said:

rode Karls for a bit and found it was more along the lines of riding a snowmobile than a motorcycle (still fun though

Did it track straight for you or keep trying to turn back the way it came?🤣🤣🤣

17 hours ago, saddlebum said:

I rode Karls for a bit and found it was more along the lines of riding a snowmobile than a motorcycle (still fun though) 

I agree it is a lot like a Snowmobile. (having grown up in NH I've ridden a few)...  It's made by a snowmobile manufacturer what would anyone expect...  LOL

12 hours ago, RDawson said:

Did it track straight for you or keep trying to turn back the way it came?🤣🤣🤣

Yeh for some reason it had developed an infinity for "U" turns and riding it was a little like trying to keep a miss-trained horses nose out of the grass while riding it.

11 hours ago, Marcarl said:

🖕🖕

Hey Carl you can count to two now ......Awsome

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Yeh for some reason it had developed an infinity for "U" turns and riding it was a little like trying to keep a miss-trained horses nose out of the grass while riding it.

Hey Carl you can count to two now ......Awsome

Yep, and can count all the way to 69 as well. Just have to put on a different hat for that.