IGNORED

Fire Ants

BlueSky

I was using the weed whacker to edge my walkway and driveway and evidently disturbed some fire ants.  Those little suckers attacked my right foot.  I was wearing sandals which wasn't the smartest thing.  All of a sudden the top of my foot was burning like crazy.  I thought it was sunburn at first and then saw the little critters.  I went inside and put some hydrocortisone cream on my foot and some shoes!  Those little critters are fearless when you mess with them. Ha!

On 6/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, Woody said:

they seem to be really bad this year we have put out so much ant poison this year all ready

Just don't send them North of the CanAm border. We didn't mind the opossum migration or some of the other critters that migrated north. But please please please don't send us your fire ants.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about 10 minutes north east of Richmond, VA. Fire ants have been found about 30 miles south of here in Dinwiddie county so I'd imagine we'll have them by late summer or early fall. Something else that will try to murder me, yay. 

I thought my foot was healing just fine with hydrocortizone cream for a couple days but after about a week, it got worse.  Everywhere I was bitten or stung, a whelp rose up and it itched like crazy.   Then I put rubbing alcohol on my foot several times a day for a few days and that helped with the itching and the healing.  Those little critters have some potent poison!