IGNORED

Hello

Hello thank you for letting me into the group. I have recently bought a 1988 Yamaha venture XVZ1300 as a fixer upper, I have been riding a 1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD for the last 2 years and finally decided it was time for a highway bike. (the little 450 would go on the highway but wasn't the best at passing people) since the bike is a fixer upper I have a few mechanical questions I had been wanting to ask and I just wanted to know were the best spot would be to post on the forum.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. You will find this out shortly, but I don't mind saying the $12.00 donation to the forum will be the best money you will spend on your new Venture.

First you will want to edit your profile and add your motorcycle info to your signature. That way anyone will know at a glance which model your question is about. Your 1988 XVZ1300 is what is referred to as a Gen 1, MK 2 and any technical questions about should be posted in the Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83-'93) forum

TheGeneral Tech Talk is for anything bike related but not necessarily limited to your model.

The Watering Hole forum is for anyt topic, bike relate or not. Keep it family friendly.🙂

You will find the people here to among the most helpful and friendly folks out there. We like to consider ourselves a family and we have all been there. There's not likely a situation with the Venture bikes that one of us has not encountered and we are all happy to help.

Again, Welcome to the forum!

Edited by luvmy40

8 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

Hello, and welcome to the forum. You will find this out shortly, but I don't mind saying the $12.00 donation to the forum will be the best money you will spend on your new Venture.

First you will want to edit your profile and add your motorcycle info to your signature. That way anyone will know at a glance which model your question is about. Your 1988 XVZ1300 is what is referred to as a Gen 1, MK 2 and any technical questions about should be posted in the Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83-'93) forum

TheGeneral Tech Talk is for anything bike related but not necessarily limited to your model.

The Watering Hole forum is for anyt topic, bike relate or not. Keep it family friendly.🙂

You will find the people here to among the most helpful and friendly folks out there. We like to consider ourselves a family and we have all been there. There's not likely a situation with the Venture bikes that one of us has not encountered and we are all happy to help.

Again, Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the help I had heard about the $12 for the year and I will probably end up doing that 

21 hours ago, Dmane2003 said:

Thank you for the help I had heard about the $12 for the year and I will probably end up doing that 

Trust me you will not regret it. This is more than just a very knowledgeable forum. But also has become a place were friendships have formed both on line and eventually face to face. Meet and greats are or have been frequent and hands on help depending on distance is very common.