IGNORED

Short but Sweet Ride

Freebird

Yesterday,  I had to drive to Columbus to service a stairlift.  When I got home I had to get the yard mowed.  I was determined to finally uncover and the bike and take a ride today.  So early this morning, I got up, uncovered the bike for the first time this year and went for a little ride. As luck would have it, it rained off and on but I went anyway. It was a short but much needed ride.  Bike hadn't been started or even uncovered since last fall and I figured on top of everything else, she would be mad at me but she started right up and was rearing to go.  If it clears up, I may take it out again later today.   It sure felt good though.

• Like 7

That first time that I get to ride every year feels GREAT.....Makes me remember why I enjoy riding.   Just wish I had more time to ride whenever I want.

•  

@uncledj I totally agree with this comment!!  Now that I am retired I figured I would be able to ride whenever I want (which I can) BUT now government puts a damper on it by jacking up price of gas and everything else! Have a slight argument every time I would like to ride that is a waste of money!

I still have not been out this year and only once last year which resulted in a bad leg injury last year after getting cut off by a friend who I was riding with. and knee issues this year plus still need to finish repairing bike from the accident. The knee issues had nothing to do with the accident but the leg injury developed into a very serious infection resulting in cellulitis. The whole leg swelled up and turned blue and later they had to cut out some flesh that went dead. I then spent the summer on antibiotic IV's followed by vacuum therapy which helped the flesh to grow and somewhat fill the excavation site. It was dull and boring summer after that but On a good note they saved the leg so that is good.

• Like 3