IGNORED

Khrome Werks Trailer Hitch - Who Tows a Trailer?

Hurley Byrd

Another eBay score...... although I felt like I paid through the nose for this one........ But when it popped up I thought ...   "No way this is sitting here for long."  So, I jumped on it and let some moths outta the wallet.

Khrome Werks RSV Trailer Hitch with Receiver Hitch, Ball and Wiring Harness. Looks like a straight forward install. 

What are your thoughts on hauling a trailer?  I live and ride in West Virginia and it's mountains.  On flat roads I am 100% sure the RSV would have no issues with 400 or 500 pounds attached to the backside...... but up and down mountain roads might be a different story.  Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Pete

Hitch.jpg

You'll forget it's there. I've pulled a trailer behind my RSV on one lane gravel cart paths in the southern OH hills with no problems. Just be careful with your loading and keep your tongue weight where it needs to be.

I have had a hitch on all my bikes since I restarted riding again in 2002. First an 87 Venture Royal till 2008 then a 2000 Road Star 1600 and now a new 2012 with around 115,000klms. I made the one on my newest one from the hitch off my wife's car and works great! The other 1 were aftermarket ones. Like everyone says hardly know the trailer is there. I towed a 500lb trailer from Ontario Canada to Illinois for a Venture rally and also half way into New York State to a rally there a few years. Just have to anticipate what is going on ahead of you. You have to remember you will take longer to stop and will effect taking off from stop but practice makes perfect(or as close as you can get)

9 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

I have had a hitch on all my bikes since I restarted riding again in 2002. First an 87 Venture Royal till 2008 then a 2000 Road Star 1600 and now a new 2012 with around 115,000klms. I made the one on my newest one from the hitch off my wife's car and works great! The other 1 were aftermarket ones. Like everyone says hardly know the trailer is there. I towed a 500lb trailer from Ontario Canada to Illinois for a Venture rally and also half way into New York State to a rally there a few years. Just have to anticipate what is going on ahead of you. You have to remember you will take longer to stop and will effect taking off from stop but practice makes perfect(or as close as you can get)

If you happen to be out ridding and spot a bike with a trailer it it just may be @sleepy2. I am not even sure I have seen him without one.

Only time I pulled one was when I bought the bike. I didn't even know one was included with the bike  until we closed the deal and I was about to leave. I was ridding home in a thunderstorm and totally forgot it was behind me until I hit a dip in the road. The trailer bounce and the spare tire laying loose inside the metal box made such a noise It startled me and I thought I was about to get my hams roasted by a lightening bolt. Like I said I totally forgot it was back there until that moment.

Edited by saddlebum