IGNORED

1984 coolant bypass valve blew out

Just found this group and looking. For advice. I have a 1984 venture and 1 at ride of the year it got hot out and temp got hotter then normal and then real hot. Lost my clutch but found out my coolant bypass valve assembly blew out. Does anyone know whare to get it. Tried Amazon and other places new to this internet. Junk yard said $100 and I had to remove it. Will do it if no other options

Thank you for your time

Wait a minute guys.... One of our members made parts for the valve. My memory isn't good anymore but I'm thinking that parts were stop the valve from leaking???

Search the older posts. There's some info here cause I bought the kit...

@Freebird, can we search member vender posts to see who sold what from years back?

Skydoc sold a Stainless steel screw and ball to help to hold in the stock valve but he wasnt selling the valve.

Here is one on Ebay right now, it is for a 87 but will work on your 84 also. It has the same part number for both years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195043475770?hash=item2d697f413a:g:V~sAAOSwQTxgSU3F&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185411577951?hash=item2b2b64285f:g:nFoAAOSwc8BicSDo&vxp=mtr

Hope that helps you out..

Rick F.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Sorry new to all this. No I need everything as I didn't realize what happens until we got it home and away from the interstate. What ever all is in there is what I need thanks though 

@Bulldog, I have a complete used bypass you can have for $30 plus shipping.. If you are in the states I should be able to ship for $10 or $15..