IGNORED

Need advice on Raising the forks please

I recently installed the Barons lowering kit and have followed the posted instructions (I think) to lower the front end. I am having a problem at the last step where I slide the forks up - they won't slide - up or down. I loosened the bottom clamp bolts - then removed them and no movement at all. I can turn them around but not up or down. I see something smeared on the fork just above the bottom clamp. I hate to think it might be some kind of glue. My understanding was they moved easily and they don't. I am stuck -literally.

Any tips or advice 20220531_185346.thumb.jpg.02b98f035f23c1ac0e95d0c815dc3c04.jpgyou can share at this point are greatly appreciated.

Its been a while since I did mine, but this sounds familiar....I had everything loose, but they would not move when it seemed like they should.  I remember I was a couple hours in at that point and about to lose my mind.  I eventually got them to move and once they did, they then moved easily.  Now the frustrating part...I don't remember what I did between nearly losing my mind and success to get them to move.  So, instead, I will suggest some penetrating oil and firm taps from a rubber mallet from the top/bottom to see if it will work loose.

10 hours ago, MMRider said:

Thanks for the reply. I finally removed the front tire and fender - they moved real easy after that. Now to rebuild the fairing.

Great!  Glad to hear you figured it out.  That may have been my solution too.  I do recall that at some point they moved easily, so I probably went down that same path...sorry for having bad memory.  Good luck with the fairing, just take your time with it.

How far did you lower it?  I did 1/2" and was surprised how noticeable the difference was in handling.  I probably could have gone a little lower but with the Corbin seat and 1/2" front drop, I'm very close to flat-footed at a stop, maybe a slight heel raise but not much.

Please report back on how you like the change, its good for future readers.  I know reading back on others' posts is what convinced me to do it.