IGNORED

Non bike related problem

Freebird

OK...I screwed up.  Late last summer I bought a new John Deere X380 mower.  Somehow, either I left it off or didn't tighten it, I found that the gas cap was off and the tank apparently got a lot of grass in it.  It will run about 10 or 15 minutes and then I have to remove the fuel line and blow through it to get it to run another 10 or 15 minutes.  It appears that the only way to get the grass out of it is to remove the tank which is a major ordeal.   I think that is what I will have to do but thought I would ask here to see if any of you have another solution.

Flushing the tank may not be possible?  or is it?  When I flushed my Kawa tank, I used a paper shop towel to filter the gasoline and reused it.  

Vacuuming inside the tank is probably not possible?

Just wagging here.

Edited by BlueSky

Well, there was just no easy way to do it.  There is a "shelf" sort of thing about 1/4 - 1/2 inch down inside the fill spout.  No way to get anything in the tank to suction it out.  So the bad news is that I had to take it apart to remove the tank.  I think I got all the grass out of it.  Then rinsed it very well with water and then put about a half gallon of gas in it and sloshed it around really good to get as much of the water out that could.  Then put it all back together.  The good news is that it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined.  I still need to pick up a new filter tomorrow.

Now I just need to clean this thing up.  It's really nasty.

image.thumb.jpeg.61ee0d9301aa05e0f76d80719313a78e.jpeg