IGNORED

I think I need a Buddy Rich cable

ReinyRooster

Need some help. I currently am using a satellite radio on the bike but want to switch....getting tired of paying their prices. I want to mount the phone on the bike and use my Spotify downloads for my music.

If I mount the phone on the handlebars and use the cable to the input beside the tape deck,  I believe I will have the music in my headset.

If I wish to actually make a call though, I believe that I would need the Buddy Rich cable......correct?

Is this correct? If so...does anyone have such a cable kicking around?

Thanks

That’s correct. The only manufacturers I know of were Buddy himself and Edsets. Ed is out of business and I don’t think Buddy has built them for quite awhile. I’m using one I got from Ed before he closed down.  

Mounted my android with a ram X-mount for years now and have never had any vibration issues. I am thinking either the android is more durable or since the X-mount consists of 4 spring loaded flexible arms with rubber knobs that grip the phone it may not transmit vibrations to the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 15 dollar Bluetooth receiver on Amazon. I plug it into the auxiliary plug. I haven’t used it long enough to run the battery down. Just a few hours at a time but it works great.

As for the phone mount I have an iPhone 13. I use a ram x mount and have had no problems. 

Edited by Twowheelogre