IGNORED

F4 or clearview wide windshield

gorski

Hmmmm  Their website says to call for availability, you may be right Freebird.  I'll call and find out.  I've had F4 on my Goldwing and really liked it, curious about the clearview

I have had two Clearviews and can highly recommend them. As well, they are easy to deal with and stand behind their product 100%. One windshield arrived with a very minor fault. I called and they immediately sent me a replacement, then shortly after, followed up contacting me to make sure the replacement was up to snuff, which it was. You will have no regrets with the Clearview.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

I received my new Clearview windshield on Tuesday after waiting for 5 months. The holdup was that they were unable to get the vent for it, which is a Honda part. However, they were in contact with me the whole time so I knew what was happening. I have not used it yet so can’t comment on that aspect but I went as large as I could, height and width to try to take some wind off my wife behind me. So, if you want a Clearview shield, order it quick before they run out of those vents. We are going on an afternoon ride tomorrow so I will post my first impressions then. 

2 hours ago, PastorCurt said:

I received my new Clearview windshield on Tuesday after waiting for 5 months. The holdup was that they were unable to get the vent for it, which is a Honda part. However, they were in contact with me the whole time so I knew what was happening. I have not used it yet so can’t comment on that aspect but I went as large as I could, height and width to try to take some wind off my wife behind me. So, if you want a Clearview shield, order it quick before they run out of those vents. We are going on an afternoon ride tomorrow so I will post my first impressions then. 

I have the large Clearview with the vent also.  I find there is little noticeable airflow through the vent and would go without if I were to do it again.  It is a bug catcher and a pain to clean.  This is just my opinion however and even my wife doesn't value that.

13 hours ago, AGrengs said:

I have the large Clearview with the vent also.  I find there is little noticeable airflow through the vent and would go without if I were to do it again.  It is a bug catcher and a pain to clean.  This is just my opinion however and even my wife doesn't value that.

I don't get much airflow through the vent, but I didn't expect to.  My knowledge of fluid dynamics (us wonderful engineers!) knew that, in certain conditions, it's just enough airflow to break up the low pressure "bubble" behind the fairing a quell buffeting of the high speed air going over the windshield.  This was the #1 reason why I went with a Clearview in the 1st place, having tried various other brands & heights that just didn't work for me.    

• Like 2

I've had the Clearviews on the last 4 scoots. All had the vents. Air flow does depend upon the bike, but both the 89 VR and the 05 RSV give me air flow. The RSV has really nice flow into my chest with vent open. Needed in Arizona!

I don't have the plastic chrome pieces on the sides of the front fairing.... Maybe that's the difference. P.O. took them off I guess.

20180225_151656.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
Spelling, of course!
  • Like 2

I've had two Clearview's on my RSTD's, both with vent. They are great, love the recurve top. They kept their "clear view" better than stock.
But I got a F4 Customs for my RSV. The first one came from a bad batch of  plexiglass. After time it seemed to frackle. Talked to owner, as I was out of warranty, he let me have a replacement at half price. Fair.
It is even more bullet proof that the Clearview. Still up in the barn somewhere, took it off before I sold the RSV back to a dealer. 
It was good enough that when I got rid of the RSV and got a used Goldwing Trike, first thing I did was order a F4 Customs for the GW. Six years and still looks new. And you clean it with Windex and paper towles. Don't do that with the Clearview.

RSV2.JPG

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 8:00 AM, saddlebum said:

I have had two Clearviews and can highly recommend them. As well, they are easy to deal with and stand behind their product 100%. One windshield arrived with a very minor fault. I called and they immediately sent me a replacement, then shortly after, followed up contacting me to make sure the replacement was up to snuff, which it was. You will have no regrets with the Clearview.

Bum, what part #?  I don’t see anything on their site for a first Gen.

• 4 weeks later...