IGNORED

Dragonrider is retiring from riding.......

DragonRider

2021 and 2022 have not been good to Charlene and I.  I had to have surgery on both eyes in  Sept of 2021. Right eye had a detached retina, a very bad one at that. The left eye had numerous tears and holes in it. The left eye was done first and I can see fine with it, will just need a corrective lens for distance, but the right eye did not go as well as the left. I can see but it's fuzzy and straight lines have waves in them, the Dr can do the surgery again but no guarantee that it would get better. So no my peripheral vision is a little off. So riding has become not as enjoyable as it was because of my vision, as for Charlene she just had 2 spinal surgeries to remove and replace the old hardware from her previous surgery. The rods now  go further up her spine so she has very limited range there, and her recovery could take over a year it was such a major surgery.  So time has come to part with my bikes and start another chapter without motorcycles. It was not a  hard decision to make but one that was needed.  Who knows after Charlene recovers things might change but I am not holding my breath. 

We have met so many wonderful people in VR and had so many good times getting together with everyone, it just all became family, and I may not be riding, but I will still frequent the VR site and who knows we might even show up at some meets and rallies. We definitely wont be  doing Vogel this year, its just too hard for Charlene to get around right now.

Both my Venture trike and my V Star 1300 are going up for sale in the classifieds on VR.

96772551_10223181895120439_3691069515220647936_o.jpg

Lewis phone 002.jpg

Edited by DragonRider

Sorry to hear that.   You're in the same place we'll all be eventually.   I'm just hoping that when I have time to ride as much as I'd like, (retirement) that I'll still be able to do it.

Wife and I have been talking about a Can-Am....Might eventually pull the trigger on that....

Best wishes for a positive outcome for you and the wife.   Hope to see ya at a rally sometime.

Hey Lewis we were just talking about you the other day was wondering how you was I guess now we know, we will keep both of ya'll in our thoughts and prayers. Come on around anytime we will be glad to see you and keep us posted on Venture riders 

Edited by Woody

I certainly understand my friend.  I don't ride much at all now days.  Eileen has been having back problems for a couple of years.  She rarely feels like getting on the bike. I think I put maybe 500 miles on mine last summer.  Have yet to uncover it this year.  Hope you find a new hobby that brings you as much joy as riding did.  

As we get older, on in age, longer away from our younger years, less agile then we used to be,,,,, we find ourselves in a different world. It's nothing new, it's been happening as long as the earth has been in existence, but somehow we think that maybe it won't happen to us. Soooo,, it's a good thing to look to the future, maybe even plan a little, but don't plan on getting younger anytime soon, at least not until we get to the next life. Best to plan ahead a bit to be less mobile, going a little slower, enjoying the roses a bit more, letting the younger ones do more of the hard labor and guiding them as best you can. If we focus on what used to be in days gone by and bemoan our present lot in comparison we will waste a lot of good time given to us. Hopefully as we get more experience in this living thing, we can help each other through some valleys and understand, one to another, our difficulties, hurts and pains. If you look up though, there can be a super brightness in your future, but you need to look up, not down.

Sorry to hear about the change in your life status but at least you can still see if not perfect. Hope whatever back road you take from the main road of life brings as much pleasure despite your currant situation as Motorcycling has. And of course you been here long enough to know that inability to ride does not make you any less a friend to us all as well your back ground and knowledge will always be an asset here for those less knowledgeable. Prayers and well wishes are with you my friend.