IGNORED

01 royal star Venture 1300

Hey guys n gals,

Pretty new here, been working on it a bit now and thought id pick your brains if i could. When i parked my bike for storage through the winter it ran great. Didnt stabilize the fuel or anything before i stored it like an idiot, Little smoke from right side exhaust every now and then. Never thought anything of it.  Went to pull it out of storage this spring and i cant get it to go. It starts up and runs for a few seconds, then falls on its face and wont start again for a few hours, i have had the carbs apart twice now and rebuilt, when it dies out ive noticed a considerable amount of gas pouring from my air filter pipe and from the vent tubes that come from behind under the air box over the carbs. Ive tried new spark plugs, checked spark, new battery, and like i said rebuilt the carbs one by one. Any thoughts or clues as to what may be causing this? Any comments or answers are greatly appreciated, 

Thanks in advance

Definitely carb issues, floats sticking. Check your oil level, flooding carbs can drain into the  cylinders and crank case resulting in hydro locking the engine. That is the most common cause of engine failure in these bikes. 

• Thanks 1

Ive got a fuel filter on the way. (Which was fun to get out) ive looked for new floats online and havent had much luck, any particular websites you use, of course the oem website had them posted for 50 a peice. I will check the fuel tank as well and oil level, thanks guys ive been scratching a bald spot in my head lately on this 😅

Alright guys, got er runnin. Upon changing the oil, i found mostly gasoline. So ive replaced with new sacrificial oil and filter to weed out any left over gas. Started up and right away there was smoke, blue smoke. And it leaked from every exhaust connection. I wonder if when i was rebuilding the carbs maybe i didnt set the pilot screw right?

Yep,, got a leak somewhere. Check the float levels. Hook a clear hose to each drain cock running them up above the carbs, open the drain cocks and turn on the ignition to let the fuel pump fill the bowls. When the pump shuts off, if it does, then you can see the level of fuel in the bowls. If the pump keeps ticking, even occasionally over 3 o4 minutes you have a leak.