IGNORED

Highway Pegs?

gorski

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, videoarizona said:

Allows me to rest boot completely on highway peg or just rest my boot toe on it with heel on the floorboard. Best of both worlds for me....

Hey VAZ,

What deflectors are those on your Lower/Motor guard?

I'm not sure if they were a Yamaha accessory or the vent wing company(can't remember name) very hard to find as I think they don't make them anymore. I have been trying to find a set but if someone has any they are way out of my price range so have been trying to make a set but haven't had any luck yet. Supposed to keep wind on to cool and off to protect from wind and rain.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:32 AM, luvmy40 said:

Hey VAZ,

What deflectors are those on your Lower/Motor guard?

Hi Richard,

The deflectors are Yamaha.

STR-1D608-80-00.

They were made for the RSV...

I bought from Broward Motor Sports... They were sitting on back shelf collecting dust! 

Your may be able to find a pair on EBay or another cycle shop. They clamp to lower bar and actually do hold!

Hope this helps, David

P.S. They work very well. I adjusted the wing tension so I can lean down and change angle while riding. Came in handy during a Oklahoma thunderstorm. 

Edited by videoarizona
Add comment. Delete

So what makes the longhorns worth that kind of money?  There are lots of different highway pegs out there. I have a horrible set that came with my bike and will soon be in the market if everything goes well with my job situation. I’ve never bought highway pegs before. I’m sure there is something that makes these worth the money. I can’t imagine all you guys buying them otherwise. 

Ogre

They are totally adjustable because of the 'knuckle' mounting. They also have a larger pad area which also gives a more comfortable installation. Normally with highway pegs you set them close to what is comfortable and live with the results and get used to it, with these you can set them so that they serve you the best way possible. I wouldn't buy anything else.

• Like 2

What he said ^ Also in my searching I didn’t come up with too many options for a 1” clamp.  I think I’m going to bite the bullet and get the extensions that @saddlebum has.  Because I have a set of those coveted wind deflectors I can’t get the pegs into that perfect spot.  
I think of it this way @Twowheelogre motorcycles are like boats, luxury items with a price tag to go along with.  Some things you can get at a local hardware store for half the price of the same from a marine or motorcycle shop.  Other specific accessories you just gotta pay.

Edited by Pasta Burner
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:28 AM, ReinyRooster said:

I went with something a little different....too cheap to pay the crazy price for the real McCoys so I picked up a set of these that came off a Wing....20220523_112040.thumb.jpg.9c39d0e5ed4effe6211999efa902b7fe.jpg

20220523_112031.jpg

I have a set like that, that came on my bike.  Couldn’t figure a way to use them though. It’s like I had to push on them otherwise my feet would slide off.  Plus the left side pad was missing so it looked wonky.