IGNORED

*SOLD* 1999 Royal Star Tour Classic + Windshield - 34.9k miles - $2700

Posted (edited)

*SOLD* (24-Apr-2022)

Hello, 

I'm located in south Alabama (36526). I purchased this bike in summer of 2014 with ~23k miles. I occasionally use it to ride to work, but, the Alabama heat gets to me so I don't ride that often. 

• 1999 Royal Star Tour Classic, XVZ13ATL
  • 34.9k miles (may be slightly more, I continue to ride)
  • I'm the 3rd owner. The original owner got in a small accident or knocked it over, a mechanic at J&E Powersports in Pelham, AL. He fixed it up and repainted it. It was sold to the 2nd owner in 2006. I purchased from him in 2014. 
  • The kickstand was a mess when I bought the bike. It is very loose and feels like it's not going to hold the bike (it does). The previous owner didn't take care of the problem and the "fork" that attaches to the bike frame got bent. The original bolt had all the threads worn off and only about 2 threads still in the other side holding it together when I got it. Close call! I installed a new grade 12.9 metric shouldered bolt with enough threads to poke through the other side of fork and then added a jam nut on the back side to ensure it doesn't back out again. I didn't want to risk "bending" the fork all the way back into a stock gap (with either cold or heat), so this was the most practical solution I could come up with. It's fine in the end, but it's a bit concerning at face value if you don't know the situation. 
  • It's been repainted by previous owner (1st, per the story I got). There is some flaking off on bottom edge one side of gas tank, and some scratches here and there
  • It has lame soft bags on it (velcro flaps). I've been looking for a RSTD/Venture hard bags, but never found a set at a price I was willing to pay. 
  • When I purchased the bike, it had BUB straight pipes on it, which were too loud so I got a pair of 2nd gen Venture mufflers and installed those instead (see pic, left one is dinged up). BUB pipes are for sale in the parts section if you're interested. 
  • The OEM horn setup stopped working. I installed an aftermarket Stebel Nautilus type and installed a relay using OEM switch wiring. It's located on left side just behind the faux oil tank cover/in front of left bag. 
  • It has an AGM battery in it, circa 2015 probably. Still cranks OK. 
  • I replaced the petcock gasket (was leaking) in ~2017
  • Previous owner installed some aftermarket chrome brake and clutch reservoir caps with eagle or something on them
  • I purchased a used windshield bracket kit on eBay and installed a Cee & Bailey's windshield with 24" height to keep all the bugs out of my face.
  • Tires are in decent shape (installed fall 2019, I think), plenty of life left on them for at least this season. Front will be good for several more. 
  • In May 2021, I did a carb overhaul on it (diaphragms were good shape). So, don't worry - you're golden there! I have tons of pictures, if you'd like to see. One of the carbs had a bad bowl gasket and was leaking on the garage floor. It started in 2019 and sat because I didn't have the willpower to get into the carbs. It sat from fall 2019 thru spring 2021. 
  • New NGK plugs May 2021

Last summer, I purchased Tweety from Dingy. It's time to let this one go.

I know it's not everything, and it's not a Venture. And pictures are better than things will be reality. The chrome has some rust and wear and isn't perfect. It's a 23 yr old bike. I do continue to ride it occasionally to keep carbs clean and oil flowing. It's stored in my wood shop, so likely won't look like this when you come get it ;) Just being real. 

PXL_20220423_201921763.jpg

PXL_20220423_201930670.jpg

PXL_20220423_201942430.jpg

PXL_20220423_202030590.jpg

PXL_20220423_202121615.jpg

PXL_20220423_202141537.jpg

PXL_20220423_205558436.jpg

Edited by Tieftoener
Update status to sold

• Tieftoener changed the title to *SOLD* 1999 Royal Star Tour Classic + Windshield - 34.9k miles - $2700

Hey glad you sold the bike. Are you in the bellview area? I’m over in between ferry pass and cantonment. Kind of ensley but more north near the power plant. I’m always looking for people to ride with. 

On 4/24/2022 at 1:03 PM, Twowheelogre said:

Hey glad you sold the bike. Are you in the bellview area? I’m over in between ferry pass and cantonment. Kind of ensley but more north near the power plant. I’m always looking for people to ride with. 

Hey, I'm in Daphne. Would be great to have someone to ride with! I'll send a PM.