IGNORED

Thank you

Twowheelogre

Thank you to whoever paid the $12 for my membership. It was not my intention to get someone to feel pity on me. I’m not a good recipient of gifts or so my wife tells me😜. None the less it was quite kind and a ray of sunshine in a world that feels very dark for me at the moment. Thank you again whoever you are.  Although a little rough around the edges I hope to be of help to some else in the future. I know Freebird puts a lot of effort into running this site. Thanks for supporting him for me hopefully I will be able to do the same soon. 

awe crud I’m not very good at this. Just thanks. 

Tony S. 
The Ogre

Edited by Twowheelogre
  • Like 2

Hey Tony,

We're glad to have you aboard, brother! I don't tell this story often, but perhaps it will make you feel better about your situation. 

I had joined this Forum some 14 years ago. I was preparing to attend my first "Meet and Greet" in Gettysburg, Pa. I had never met anyone, had only posted a few times, and felt like I had nothing to contribute to the members. To make a long story short, half way there, (this trip was a 4 hour trip ) I hit some railroad tracks and EVERY Fuse in my Fusebox rained down on the roadway! Needless to say, I never made it to the Meet and Greet, and I had to call my brother to come with the trailer and haul me home. I was heartbroken! I had hit it off with a few of the members of the forum and they "busted my chops" about not making it to the meet, BUT they also encouraged me to fix my bike and make it to the next one. Because they encouraged me, I went right to work and created the Fuse Box Upgrade Kit I offer in the Member Vendor's Section of this forum and from there, over the years, I have offered MANY items to solve problems with these wonderful machines that we all love so much. 

The point I am trying to make here is Relax Tony, let your guard down a bit, and let yourself grow in this safe environment. If you are having a GREAT Day, share it with the members! If you did a repair on your scoot, share it with the members! If you are stumped with a problem with your bike, share it with the members!! You get the idea. I can't tell you how many times I was ready to "give up" on my bike, or my life for that matter, and was pulled back from the edge by the members of this family that have ALL gone through the same thing either with their bikes, OR their lives and shared info that helped me through to another day. Maybe some day, you will be able to do that for another member yourself!

BUT even if that doesn't happen Tony, just knowing that you are here, and your bike is running, and you are enjoying life, is why I keep coming to the Forum every day, brother. Don't be afraid to ask questions or give advice! If you can, offer to help someone with a problem. If you can't, offer them encouragement! Don't be afraid to think "Outside the Box"! Start by doing it here in this safe forum, then expand it to the rest of your interactions with other people in your life. The next thing you know, YOU Sir will become a better person. (not that you aren't a swell guy already!!) And if you are a swell guy already, share that on the forum! LOL!! 

In conclusion, I would like to remind you that EVERY day, we are given a very special gift. The sun comes up on a new day, with the opportunity to do with it, whatever we want! Bike not running, learn to fix it! Loss of a loved one, grieve and learn how to move past it. Lost a job, learn a new skill and boldly go for it! Not getting along with your wife, learn how to understand her feelings! (GOOD Luck with that one, brother!!)

WE are glad you are here Tony, so much so that someone thought enough of you to pay for your membership. It's the least we could do for a new friend!

Earl 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, skydoc_17 said:

Hey Tony,

We're glad to have you aboard, brother! I don't tell this story often, but perhaps it will make you feel better about your situation. 

I had joined this Forum some 14 years ago. I was preparing to attend my first "Meet and Greet" in Gettysburg, Pa. I had never met anyone, had only posted a few times, and felt like I had nothing to contribute to the members. To make a long story short, half way there, (this trip was a 4 hour trip ) I hit some railroad tracks and EVERY Fuse in my Fusebox rained down on the roadway! Needless to say, I never made it to the Meet and Greet, and I had to call my brother to come with the trailer and haul me home. I was heartbroken! I had hit it off with a few of the members of the forum and they "busted my chops" about not making it to the meet, BUT they also encouraged me to fix my bike and make it to the next one. Because they encouraged me, I went right to work and created the Fuse Box Upgrade Kit I offer in the Member Vendor's Section of this forum and from there, over the years, I have offered MANY items to solve problems with these wonderful machines that we all love so much. 

The point I am trying to make here is Relax Tony, let your guard down a bit, and let yourself grow in this safe environment. If you are having a GREAT Day, share it with the members! If you did a repair on your scoot, share it with the members! If you are stumped with a problem with your bike, share it with the members!! You get the idea. I can't tell you how many times I was ready to "give up" on my bike, or my life for that matter, and was pulled back from the edge by the members of this family that have ALL gone through the same thing either with their bikes, OR their lives and shared info that helped me through to another day. Maybe some day, you will be able to do that for another member yourself!

BUT even if that doesn't happen Tony, just knowing that you are here, and your bike is running, and you are enjoying life, is why I keep coming to the Forum every day, brother. Don't be afraid to ask questions or give advice! If you can, offer to help someone with a problem. If you can't, offer them encouragement! Don't be afraid to think "Outside the Box"! Start by doing it here in this safe forum, then expand it to the rest of your interactions with other people in your life. The next thing you know, YOU Sir will become a better person. (not that you aren't a swell guy already!!) And if you are a swell guy already, share that on the forum! LOL!! 

In conclusion, I would like to remind you that EVERY day, we are given a very special gift. The sun comes up on a new day, with the opportunity to do with it, whatever we want! Bike not running, learn to fix it! Loss of a loved one, grieve and learn how to move past it. Lost a job, learn a new skill and boldly go for it! Not getting along with your wife, learn how to understand her feelings! (GOOD Luck with that one, brother!!)

WE are glad you are here Tony, so much so that someone thought enough of you to pay for your membership. It's the least we could do for a new friend!

Earl 

As usual, well said. Thanks.