IGNORED

Google maps and Garmin Base Camp

Relatively tech savvy but this is kicking my butt. So my cousin and I came up with a route from his place to go visit the rest of his family in Georgia. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get that route into Garmin Base Camp.......lots of instructions on the web but when they say "click here, or save it as..." I dont have that button to click, and Google maps will only say it in certain formats, none of which is able to be imported into Base Camp.

Anybody have any ideas.....driving me crazy......lucky it's a short drive.

ReinyRooster 

6 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

Don't worry about the drive or directions, you are there already.... duhuh!!

Let me check what I can figure out. Might take some time seeing as my forgetter is fixed again.

Nope, I'm not so good at it either. Maybe just use Basecamp.

I couldn't get basecamp to work either. I sent a rather criptic email to Garmin about it... Never heard back. 

On my trip 4 years ago ( good grief, been that long!!), I wrote directions on a cheat sheet and stuck it in the tank pouch. At gas up, I would review next stage. What I found was I used the gps really just for interchanges. On the smaller roads, I used it to see where gas and food might be as I traveled.

Nowadays,  I just turn the gps on and look at it once in a while. Or put it in trunk and forget about it.

I would suggest you look at google maps or Microsoft streets and figure out a way to use them. Basecamp sucks. 

Edited by videoarizona
Spelling

On 4/8/2022 at 3:54 PM, ReinyRooster said:

I did download a version of Microsoft Streets and like it....I'll make that work.

I use Tom Tom's phone app. I find it very accurate and unlike many other phone apps it does not require a phone or Data signal to function. Granted when you do not have a signal additional features such as traffic conditions or fuel prices will not function but the Phone will continue working like any other GPS. I also find it to be more accurate than Garmin and much quicker as well as more accurate when doing a search even when your off line. For this reason I have pretty much kissed my Garmin good bye.

23 hours ago, saddlebum said:

I use Tom Tom's phone app. I find it very accurate and unlike many other phone apps it does not require a phone or Data signal to function. Granted when you do not have a signal additional features such as traffic conditions or fuel prices will not function but the Phone will continue working like any other GPS. I also find it to be more accurate than Garmin and much quicker as well as more accurate when doing a search even when your off line. For this reason I have pretty much kissed my Garmin good bye.

Now you are kissing garmin's,, what's next?

38 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

Who Knows - Maybe some of the surplus stuff in my garage - assuming there is any that is.---:think:

Last time I looked I didn't see anything surplus,, I did see some stuff in other categories though and I'm glad it's stored at your place and not mine.

• 4 months later...