IGNORED

New Member of My Family - 2007 RSV Midnight

Midicat

This thing followed me from Quebec. I think I will keep her. She's a beauty! I'm going to clean her up a bit and remove some of the decals.(most notably, the stuff on the sides of the fairing). She is loaded with toys and I can't wait to rider her.

glam shot.jpg

Edited by Midicat
  • Like 4

I have riding a Virago XV1100 for the last 60000 miles ...I bought old 83 XVZ1200 Venture  with 75000 miles on it because the wife and I wanted a smoother ride ..If I like the ride , I would look for a newer Venture ...Question I would like to ask of all the Venture riders out is what year did they make some radical changes that would not break the bank  .... And what changes would there be ..

8 hours ago, larrydr said:

I have riding a Virago XV1100 for the last 60000 miles ...I bought old 83 XVZ1200 Venture  with 75000 miles on it because the wife and I wanted a smoother ride ..If I like the ride , I would look for a newer Venture ...Question I would like to ask of all the Venture riders out is what year did they make some radical changes that would not break the bank  .... And what changes would there be ..

There have been 3 major changes in the Venture over it's history. The Gen 1 MK1 started in 1983, not sure if there was a "Royale" in 83 or just the base model, but the difference between them would have been the CLASS system on the Royale and possibly the CB/Intercom.

In 1985(maybe 1984 or 1986?) the Gen 1 MK 2 came out with different luggage configuration, electric anti dive, upgraded brakes, but essentially the same drive train and electronics packages. 

In 1999, the Royal Star Venture was born and was a completely different animal from the original Venture. Yamaha abandoned the European touring style and adopted an american cruiser/tour style. It was produced from 1999 to 2009 and included the RSV, the RSTD(Tour Deluxe), and Tour Classic. There may be other iteration that I am not familiar with. There were some differences in the engine as far as balancing and cams in the RSTD and RSTC, but the main difference were in the tour package and electronics.

In 2018, the Star Venture Transcon and Eluder were released. No longer a Venture, IMHO but still a remarkable touring bike with few peers. 

I have seen such a range in pricing on the Gen 1 and Gen 2 iterations that it is difficult to say what variations are more popular or cost more/less. There are also regional variations to consider. The first question to ask yourself is what features are looking for? 

Hope this somewhat non answer helps at least a little bit.

11 hours ago, Marcarl said:

It's black, has 2 wheels, 2 seats, 2 antennas, a windshield and trunk rack, but I see only one flag.

Nice looking though, bet you will be happy and so will Miss Sally.

Now what you going to do with the 85?

Sold! The guy who bought it is going to send it to Zanzibar. Paid cash.