IGNORED

Front Master Cylinder Removal

So BEFORE I do something stupid….thought I would ask. I am removing the front brake master cylinder to rebuild and change the sight glass. BUT the sensor wires are attached…how do they come off?

I don’t want break something…so what is the secret to getting them off? I don’t see any clips or screws….and I don’t want to yank on it and break something (I have been known to do this when I get impatient)

Edited by uthpda

1 minute ago, Marcarl said:

If memory serves me correct there is a connector about 6-8 inches from the cylinder.

Once you have the cylinder off of the bike there is a cover underneath that I think has 1 screw, remove that to access the soldered connections.

So there’s no easy disconnect for the wires that are attached to the master cylinder. I didn’t see it at the actual cylinder and tracing the wires, it looks like a soldered butt connectors in the wire harness. I was hoping that there was a plug connector that I was missing. I didn’t see a screw to a cover that reveled the soldered connection. 

I think I will just leave the wiring connection and work on it still on the bike. With it off the handle bars, I think I have enough play in the wires that I should be able to get it done with out disconnecting the wires, so I don’t have to resolder/reconnect the wires them.

Thanks for the help! I was hoping I was just missing an easy screw disconnect or a wire plug…or something that didn’t mean de soldering wires 

If I am not understanding or missing something….let me know. I am hopping to get out and ride again soon. With the help from here I have changed my starter clutch, starter and a couple of other small things while I was there and now I am finishing up switching out the break lines with braided steel…thought while am doing that I would rebuild the master cylinders and calipers. All has gone ok until now. Although when the starter clutch let go it scared me to death!

You are all a wealth of knowledge!! 

• uthpda changed the title to Front Master Cylinder Removal

There should be or was a push connector down the handlebars, seems you found the location but somebody needed the connector gone. Careful when you delve into the electric works of the MC, there are small parts in there that would like to go missing. Get a bedsheet to to work over.