IGNORED

speedometer

you guys see anything weird here? this is my first venture, been looking everywhere, can’t find if speedo normal or if it’s missing the "digital MPH" my bike is canadian wich shows KPH printed on top and digital needle all other bike i’ve seen has a digital MPH where the needle is, USA bikes has the same but digital KPH.

21E94055-D911-40BF-B93E-FC91B03564CF.png

Hey there Fuelman

Being a fellow Canuckian, my 2000 RSV also shows only KpH.  I'm not positve on this but from the RSVs I've seen in this area it seems the bikes sold on THIS side of the 49th got Metric dash info...Southern bikes appear to have both scales.  A guy I know locally bought his across the line and his dash has both.

The only "oddity" in the speedo seems to be in the accuracy. Mine registers about 10% fast across the speed range. (shows faster than actual).  I've confirmed this with my GPS and with a many-mile riding buddy.  Our speedos read the same on the dash and both are out 10%.   The odometer, which you would think would be out by the same 10%, isn't.  It's pretty close to accurate...maybe 2%.  I tend to look at my GPS for road speed and only pay attention to the odometer when it's time to look for gas.

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Yes, Canadian bikes got the metric only speedometer.  U.S bikes have MPH/miles (odometer) but speedo has kilometers in small letters.

In Ontario there seem to be a lot of bikes that were brought into Ontario for sale so you'll see several of them around.