IGNORED

Rotating Lift

larrydr

I have working on this rotating arm to help with moving motors and bikes that do not run from the floor to my lift and to my work bench ...It is not done yet , but I have done a trial test run . I can pick up a 450 lb  bike from the floor to the lift and rotate the load with one hand ..There a lot more to do to get it where I would call it ready for the job .

20220228_133957.jpg

• Like 5

Lookin good so far. I got me one of those hoists, lifts 600lbs and I just stuck it to my rafters. I can unload my truck and pick things up from the ground. I just have to remember it's there when I could use it. Yours looks quite handy.

Thanks to both @Marcari..@Freebbird for the comment ..I spent a lot of time making the insert that holds the 2 rollers bearings that slides into the vertical pipe on top  , and the 1/4 inch steel plate that mounts on the 3/4 4 x 8 sheet of plywood that  is screwed to the ceiling and wall ..The bottom is sitting on Dodge mini van rear hub that is welded to 1/2 inch thick steel plate that is bolted to the floor with 1/2 by 5 anchor bolts ..I may make some changes along the way ...The way it set up now I lift one bike off  the lift and drive another bike one onto the lift ..My next problem is as you can see is that I need a bigger shop. I buy all my material at a jobber cost , and as of now I have about $950.00 invested .

I intend to setup the rotating arm and my bike lift , so that the rotating arm can lift a bike off the deck of the lift and another bike can drive up ., just in case of a emergency repair needed of another bike  ..I do have 3 older Yamaha bikes that need to be on the road .  I plan on retiring when I hit 80 years which gives me 5 years to go....  I do get calls from other bikers in need of repair ....

• Like 1