IGNORED

2006 RSV Midnight Big Black Beautiful and Heavy!

Miamick

Recently made a great deal on this Venture Midnight. Brought it home and had a welcome home party; oil/filter, plugs and fuel filter. Runs outrageously strong and smooth. Based on my Honda experience I’m pretty sure the choke isn’t engaging as cold starting the 1st time drained my battery but I think I got the hang of it now. Is that usually a pinched cable that is accessible? 
Going to keep my 1100 Shadow Sabre for now but I think see is going to sit for now.

Thinking of rolling down to Daytona for a day or 2. Thanks for having me!

8E42C327-2240-4C78-B03B-9C6F83ED40E1.jpeg

My 07 RSV choke will stay where I put it.  I suspect the carbs are a little dirty and I also recommend seafoam or a fuel injector cleaner added to the gasoline.  I use Gumout for high mileage engines with PEA mostly but also like seafoam.  It keeps the carbs clean on my motorcycles and yard tools.  

• Thanks 1

Mine would not stay out when I got it back at the end of summer. One of the guys told me do tighten the nut and it would fix it. There is a washer that the side is folded down that will keep it from turning. I folded that back up and tightened it and then folded it back down and it worked great after that and still does. Here is a picture to help

2732C03E-17CB-4A1D-A552-85D9BFFB9071.jpeg

• Thanks 1