IGNORED

After market mods for Venture & Eluder

Well, not sure how many people we still have here with these bikes. This section seems really quiet.

Anyways, I get many comments on some of the custom mods I’ve done to my bike.  So here’s what I have that I’m working on.  I’m re-wiring saddlebag lights so that they will have a sequential signal like a Mustang!

The lights run about $120 each + $25 for the module, another $25 for wire and connectors, and lastly $100 for me for my design and the labor.  That puts price point at $387.64 + tax and shipping for a set.

I’ll be posting a video of the results when I’ve completed it.  I will also include detailed installation instructions with the kit so that anyone can do it.

Wish me luck!

Edited by ChiefGunner
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefGunner said:

Well, not sure how many people we still have here with these bikes. This section seems really quiet.

Anyways, I get many comments on some of the custom mods I’ve done to my bike.  So here’s what I have that I’m working on.  I’m re-wiring saddlebag lights so that they will have a sequential signal like a Mustang!

The lights run about $120 each + $25 for the module, another $25 for wire and connectors, and lastly $100 for me for my design and the labor.  That puts price point at $387.64 + tax and shipping for a set.

I’ll be posting a video of the results when I’ve completed it.  I will also include detailed installation instructions with the kit so that anyone can do it.

Wish me luck!

You've got it: luck, and I think you've hit on something that will be attractive for sure.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2022 at 7:42 PM, ChiefGunner said:

Not sure about “brighter” there @N3FOL.  I’m using the OEM lights but re-wiring them internally to accommodate a sequential module.

UPDATE: Well, after warming the light up in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes to soften the seal and get it apart I find the LEDs are mounted to a sealed circuit board with no access to connect a remote sequencing module.  That being said, here’s what’s up. My wife was a circuit board designer in Space Systems at General Dynamics for many years, and my background in electro-mechanical engineering hope is not lost.  I’ve designed a sequential light circuit and with the board measurements now complete the wife is going to lay out the circuit within the size/shape parameters needed, and then we’ll send it out for production.

Once we get the prototype back and installed, I’ll use video of my bike as advertising. This will work out for the best as it will truly be “plug n play”.  Just remove 5 screws, unplug the light, install the new and plug it in, that’s it.

If this goes as well as hoped, I plan on creating the same thing for the mirror turn signals.  Thanks for your patience while we get this perfect.