IGNORED

How to Trailer 2019 Venture w/Touring Package

I would like to trailer my 2019 Venture Touring Bike from Florida to Colorado, but am stumped regarding the best procedure. Yamaha customer service was clueless, and my local Yamaha dealership about as bad. The touring package covers-up pretty much all standard strapping points. Has anyone trailered this year/model bike, and if so, please share your tips.  Thank you!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Check out YouTube for Bikes and Beards, query "tank straps", designed to use at fender mount on front fork. I would use a standard large motorcycle wheel chock, use tank straps for front tie down and have the rear wheel in a short piece of 6" channel iron fastened to the trailer bed.

On 2/17/2022 at 7:11 PM, Mark M said:

I would like to trailer my 2019 Venture Touring Bike from Florida to Colorado, but am stumped regarding the best procedure. Yamaha customer service was clueless, and my local Yamaha dealership about as bad. The touring package covers-up pretty much all standard strapping points. Has anyone trailered this year/model bike, and if so, please share your tips.  Thank you!!

The dealership is clueless as they expect you to ride it 🤣. I personally have not trailered this bike but following @BadCatClassics above I have seen plenty of the Bikes and Beards YouTube channel and I think they have the best method for tying down big bikes. I like the idea of the 6" channel too.  I've never done that but I can see where that would help keep the rear of the bike form 'jumping'.

• Like 1