IGNORED

Daytona Bike Week

djh3

A few times we have went up to Daytona for Bike week and test rode new bike for kicks. A couple years back Blue Beard and I went up and got to ride the "new ventures". So today I got email from Yamaha telling of their test ride line up. Now where in it is a touring bike folks. FJR, Tenere Bolts stuff like that and oh yea crotch rockets. Sad day.

My riding buddy and I are going to Daytona this year. It's been 11 years since either one of us have been and are looking forward to it.  We have ridden down several times and tent camped a few times. This year we are trailering down and staying in my RV.

I've learned the 12 hour ride isn't much fun anymore so I bought a RV so I can travel more comfortably and still enjoy riding when I get there. 

Steve

• Like 1

14 hours ago, djh3 said:

A few times we have went up to Daytona for Bike week and test rode new bike for kicks. A couple years back Blue Beard and I went up and got to ride the "new ventures". So today I got email from Yamaha telling of their test ride line up. Now where in it is a touring bike folks. FJR, Tenere Bolts stuff like that and oh yea crotch rockets. Sad day.

Yea Dion @djh3 I saw that too. Pretty disappointing. Are they abandoning true touring line? While the Tenere has always been used for a type of touring, it’s by no means a true tourer.  Yamaha was so close to a true touring winner if only they’d change some things to deal with known issues.  Yet rather than admit they missed or need to adjust they move on like it doesn’t exist and nothing ever happened. It’s sad.

If Yamaha had refined the Gen II bikes, I think it would have sold much better in its later years. Eliminating that annoying clutch basket whine, adding fuel injection and a modern stereo would have been a great start.  But nope, they wouldn't do any updates.  I don't think the Goldwings have an annoying gear whine.  

• Like 3