IGNORED

Magnum dyno-boost chip

• 4 months later...

Hi I am new to this forum and this will be my first post. I am interested in your results with the dyno chip. I also have drilled out exhaust with a K&N air filter. I also did a little modification to the air box so that it can get more fresh air induced into it. How do you like your dyno chip? 

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Red Rocket said:

I want to do the Ivan's flash also. How do you like your throttle response? Ivans advertises that the reflash will make your throttle response smoother. Also, have you noticed a heat reduction?

@Red Rocket YES on all accounts.

Bike throttle response is both smoother and quicker. Shifting seems to be smoother as well. Definite reduction in heat as well. Someone posted a laser reading of theirs and it’s about 100 degrees less.

He also does a 3rd tune. Apparently there’s room in the ECM for a third program. In that program 100% throttle comes on much sooner and faster. He said it’s much more like actual cable throttle response vs YCT.  It definitely makes it scoot!  Accessing it is effortless. Just push the “MODE” button to cycle through “T” and “S” and then the final one all that shows is the word “MODE” and that’s the 3rd tune.

1 hour ago, Red Rocket said:

Sold! I can't wait to do mine. Looking at Ivan's website. It looks like he will be on vacation until early September.  But I will definitely send mine to him next month. I will keep you posted. Thank you for the quick response.  

No problem. Don’t know where you are, but his shop is only 2.5hrs away from me in Greenville, SC.  I was gonna ride the bike down and have him pull it out and put it back in for $50 (his price), but rain said no. I pulled the ECM myself and drove it down and waited while he did it (20 minutes) and had it installed same day.

That is very convenient.  I am located in Houston, TX. So it would be easier to ship it. Although, I saw a video on YouTube on how to remove the ECM and wow it looked like a lot of work. Do you have any tricks on how to get it out easier? 

• 9 months later...

What's up Venture riders. Well, I'm writing about my experience with the Ivan ECM. I've had it for a month now, give or take a few days, and ridden with it around 4.9K miles. In my opinion, it's one of the best addons I put on the Venture. NO MORE HESSITATIONS on rolling on the throttle! Now I can do slow speed maneuvers without giving high RPMs just to use the friction zone effectively. NO MORE PUTT OUTS!, well not yet.

Throttle response is MUCH smoother! I use the 3rd added mode (besides the Tour and Sport modes) a lot since I received the ECM. It's not as aggressive as the Sport Mode, but not as laid back as the Tour Mode. As Goldie Locks says, "Just right!". I also like the fact that I can get the engine in its happy RPM. NO MORE EARLY SHIFTS!

The Ivan ECM did not alter my MPG much either. What I mean about "much" is that it may have increased my miles per gallon. I now have over 4K miles on the Ivan ECM. I just returned from a trip to NY state (Lake George area). I did an Iron Butt run going there (not on purpose), in one day. 1042 miles in 17 hours, taking my time and riding for at least 200 miles each tank. Only once the Venture started counting down when I reached about 228 miles on the tripdometer and it took 5.4 gallons on fill up at 238 miles. Overall, I think it's the best value for the money I've spent on this bike.