IGNORED

Where is everyone?

sleepy2

• 2 months later...

I’ve been here for what seems like forever and still floating around. So you’ll never know where you may cross my path out riding. I don’t plan on going away anytime soon.  But it’s sad when you think about all the members I’ve met and made friends with, but not a clue where they’re at now 

11 hours ago, Skid said:

I’ve been here for what seems like forever and still floating around. So you’ll never know where you may cross my path out riding. I don’t plan on going away anytime soon.  But it’s sad when you think about all the members I’ve met and made friends with, but not a clue where they’re at now 

I feel your sadness brother.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still kickin' around. Not much touring past couple of years. Actually thought of selling the trusty ol'87 until I fired it up yesterday, still purrrs. Plastic on the lowers today and off touring once again. (where we left off in 20')

20220421_191252.jpg

I'm still alive and kicking. Just keeping quiet in my part of the world. Still ride but staying local. Still trying to figure out a way to ride up to the Pacific northwest. Problem is weather. When it's nice riding up there, it's hell down in Arizona and Nevada. Crossing the desert in 100 degree heat is not my style anymore. I may have to resort to using a trailer(gasp) for the scoot!

@kic is still around in Tucson and still rides. But he's been busy with life. I'm in touch with him.

No one else in AZ I've been able to keep up with. 

The truth is, like most such organizations, our membership is way down.  Maybe as the weather gets better it will pick up a bit.  I think that there are numerous reasons.  Platforms like Facebook have made it easy for people to set up a group.  Though I hate the format and the fact that you can't have different areas for different topics makes it more difficult to organize posts so that they it is easier to find what you are looking for, if you don't mind all the ads and tracking then they are a cheap and easy way to form a group.  Another issue is that many of us are getting older and not riding as much and some not at all.  Some stay just for the friendships after they quit riding but many don't.  I had hoped that the new Star Venture would take off and that would help but it doesn't seem to have done so.  Many groups are losing membership.  I just recently learned that Star Touring has shut down their site and is no longer an active club.  Some of the chapters are attempting to pull together to keep things going in some manner but they had lost a lot of chapters and members.  I am told that Alan Cease, who was the leader there, is in bad health and I believe at home on Dialysis.  Though I never really knew him and we had a bit of a spiff early on, my prayers are with him and I wish him nothing but the best.  All this being said, not everybody puts themselves on the community map.  I just looked and we have approximately 350 supporting members at this time.  At one time, we were up too nearly 2000.  Will it ever come back?  I have my doubts.  Will I shut down this site because of it?  No way.  As long as there is interest,  we will continue to move ahead and maintain the many friendships that have been made here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Freebird said:

The truth is, like most such organizations, our membership is way down.  Maybe as the weather gets better it will pick up a bit.  I think that there are numerous reasons.  Platforms like Facebook have made it easy for people to set up a group.  Though I hate the format and the fact that you can't have different areas for different topics makes it more difficult to organize posts so that they it is easier to find what you are looking for, if you don't mind all the ads and tracking then they are a cheap and easy way to form a group.  Another issue is that many of us are getting older and not riding as much and some not at all.  Some stay just for the friendships after they quit riding but many don't.  I had hoped that the new Star Venture would take off and that would help but it doesn't seem to have done so.  Many groups are losing membership.  I just recently learned that Star Touring has shut down their site and is no longer an active club.  Some of the chapters are attempting to pull together to keep things going in some manner but they had lost a lot of chapters and members.  I am told that Alan Cease, who was the leader there, is in bad health and I believe at home on Dialysis.  Though I never really knew him and we had a bit of a spiff early on, my prayers are with him and I wish him nothing but the best.  All this being said, not everybody puts themselves on the community map.  I just looked and we have approximately 350 supporting members at this time.  At one time, we were up too nearly 2000.  Will it ever come back?  I have my doubts.  Will I shut down this site because of it?  No way.  As long as there is interest,  we will continue to move ahead and maintain the many friendships that have been made here.

I think the failure of the new Venture is significant.  The second gen has been out of production for 9 years now.  I plan to keep mine as long as I can keep it running, and that's what I get from this place.  Thanks Freebird.

• Like 1

I am still here.  Just too busy riding lately and working on routine maintenance on my '07 RSV.  Pretty interesting what Don had posted about Star Touring.  I still get a lot of emails from the Hanover, Pa. Star Touring group, so I am starting to wonder...how long will they last.  Keep in touch.  Ride safe. 

• Like 1

It is sad that things are slowing down but I am glad you are determined to keep the site up and running. I generally look in daily though I have a few times gone for days were I never open my laptop. Thanks again @Freebirdfor all your hard work.

AS far as face book goes I don't even have an account and likely never will. VR is the only social media i am on and its the only one I need.

Edited by saddlebum