IGNORED

This weather sucks!!

ReinyRooster

Every time I go out to my garage and see my bike I wanna scream....this ridiculously cold winter can take a hike! I have a number of projects that I wanna do on the bike but my garage is small, already, overcrowded and very cold....too cold to do what I wanna do and no room until I can put the snowblower away.

OK...I've had my rant.....I'll pour myself a little Tequila and relax.....for now.......

• Sad 1

Living in coastal NC I'm spoiled I know but today it's 32 degrees and rainy that may turn into freezing rain according to the weather folks.  I'm ready for spring for sure.  I don't know how I could stand all those winters I worked in Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.  I should have bought a house in Florida when I was working there.....  Shoulda, coulda, and $5 might buy a cup of hot coffee.🤪

3 hours ago, ReinyRooster said:

Every time I go out to my garage and see my bike I wanna scream....this ridiculously cold winter can take a hike! I have a number of projects that I wanna do on the bike but my garage is small, already, overcrowded and very cold....too cold to do what I wanna do and no room until I can put the snowblower away.

OK...I've had my rant.....I'll pour myself a little Tequila and relax.....for now.......

I have a mr heater garage heater but those are a few hundred bucks, it works amazing though.  It came with my last house and I took it when I split with the ex.  Another cheaper option that I use quite often if I don’t plan on needing the whole garage warm is a tank top blossom heater.  I picked a double blossom from harbor freight a few years back for I think $40, might be just what you need in a small garage.

4 hours ago, ReinyRooster said:

Tequila ???? and here I thought you were more the Schnapps or Korn type

I feel your pain as well.   We just couldn’t catch a break on the cold temps and not to mention…the incredible amount of salt on the road.   Looking at my 7 days forecast doesn’t look very good either.  I am very ready for cold weather rides, but at this condition it just makes it impossible for me to even consider a short ride.   🤞hoping for a nice rain shower to wash off all the salt.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReinyRooster said:

Space is the other issue that I can't get around til I can put the snowblower back in the shed at the end of that season.

Tequila is my go-to beverage....but that's not to say I don't enjoy a variety of schnapps'. I'm flexible in that respect.

My goal is to keep the snowblower in the shed until I need it.  I fired it up back in November to make sure it was ready but have no plans of moving it…hopefully Mother Nature cooperates.

I can get onboard with the love of Tequila.  I just finished my first bottle of Military Special and I was quite surprised with it.

Edited by Pasta Burner

Put the plow on the 4 wheeler, but haven't had enough snow to be worth plowing yet.

700' of driveway make it a necessity if we get a heavy snow, and I've only had 2 winters in 20 where I haven't needed it. ......I hope this will be the 3rd such Winter.

way toilet GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has been over a week now and there is no good weather in sight.  Our roads are salt covered and temperature has been below freezing  ever since.  It is suppose to warm up nicely by Thursday and Friday but...guess what...lots of rain in the forecast.  In a way, it is good for mother nature to wash off all the salt and debris from the road.  Another week and hopefully there will be some ride time by the 2nd week of February.  

1 hour ago, larrydr said:

Just came back from a service call to a customers place and after many days of Minus 20 degrees we have a light  rain today here in Southern  Manitoba ...Slippery roads no one is driving fast ...

Well, if you travel to our southern border you could come right in and settle down in a warmer state!  LOL!  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Well, if you travel to our southern border you could come right in and settle down in a warmer state!  LOL!  

I think a visit to a warmer place would be great .. I don't know if I could get my body re-train itself ...There is a saying here that when a dog gets old to retrain it near impossible  .