IGNORED

Anybody ever trailer a canoe W/ Motorcycle?

Pasta Burner

So last year I reassembled my old bunk trailer thinking I might use it to take the bike with us on family vacations, which still might happen.  The other day I got to thinking about using the trailer to take the canoe with on motorcycle trips.  The trailer was from a Hobie 16’ so it has a long tongue.

Another issue, along with the wind factor, would be the length factor: Drivers sees MC, wait for it to pass but never even considers the length of the trailer. Might be a sad day for the canoe and anything attached to it, even if the other driver only caught the last 2" of it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

Another issue, along with the wind factor, would be the length factor: Drivers sees MC, wait for it to pass but never even considers the length of the trailer. Might be a sad day for the canoe and anything attached to it, even if the other driver only caught the last 2" of it.

A point well worth considering. May have to borrow an idea from the trucking industry.

Long Load Truck Sign Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpencerPJ said:

I sure wouldn't do it in windy conditions 😏

So wind and just updraft from driving was a thought.  I even did some research about transporting it upright instead of the traditional upside down.  Not many people do it for various reasons, but it’s a possibility.